• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

50 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Snow has backed off a bit to moderate and the sun is starting to do its dirty work of melting/compacting, I think.  We're at 3.5" as of 8:30 am and I would've thought we'd have more in that last 40 minutes - again, think we're seeing compaction (and snow on the busy road in front of us is definitely melting).  Still a beautiful snowfall with no wind and the snow cliinging to everything.  Still 32F.  

By the way, 3.5" puts us over 50" for the season at 50.2"!  

Snow picked up a bit around 8:45-9:00 am, but really backed off in the last 5-10 minutes.  Looking like accumulating snow is about over.  Final tally for my house as of 9:15 am is 4.0" (about 2" on pavement).  Pretty amazing for 4/2.  Should be mostly gone by tomorrow, lol.  

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

The Yankee game is canceled today

Third Yankee home opener since 1982 canceled by a snow storm. April 6 1982 9.6 inches, more like a foot in the Bronx, & April 7th 2003 4.0 inches closer to 5-6 in Bronx and now today 4.8 inches so far at KNYC .

In 1996 the April 9th home opener they played in Mid 30's and various snow intensity throughout the entire game. They still replay that game on YES, it's pretty funny to watch. At some points in the game the snow begins to stick to the outfield grass.

7 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Third Yankee home opener since 1982 canceled by a snow storm. April 6 1982 9.6 inches, more like a foot in the Bronx, & April 7th 2003 4.0 inches closer to 5-6 in Bronx and now today 4.8 inches so far at KNYC .

In 1996 the April 9th home opener they played in Mid 30's and various snow intensity throughout the entire game. They still replay that game on YES, it's pretty funny to watch. At some points in the game the snow begins to stick to the outfield grass.

I'm not a baseball fan I feel like they're overpaid for something so boring. I'm a huge nba fan but my Knicks suck so I've been a spurs fan for a while now bandwaggoning. Anyway this was a really nice storm it surprised me, looking forward to the models this week for weekend filet mignon

2 minutes ago, ag3 said:

Amazing event. 6.4" just to your south in Whitestone, Queens.

I agree. It's been a long time since the area has had such a large April snowstorm (1982 for most locations though 1996 for parts of Long Island where the 4/9-10/1996 storm brought a significant snowfall).

Archived