Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

31 degrees with heavy snow in the Bronx all toads snow covered with plows in full effect. One thing I noticed the moment the temperature dropped below 32 it started accumulating on colder ssrvices. We got heavy snow here with less than quarter mile visibility. Heading to midtown I can already see a difference in accumulations in the south bronx. I got close to 4 inches in Morris park on colder surfaces about 2 inches on sidewalks and roads.

So, I woke up a little while ago and saw that it was snowing; ok, whatever, it was in the forecast.

It’s currently 31, snowing moderately to heavily, we have about 4” at MMU, and all main roads are snow-covered. As I was typing this, a plow from Morris County went by.

1 minute ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

31 degrees with heavy snow in the Bronx all toads snow covered with plows in full effect. One thing I noticed the moment the temperature dropped below 32 it started accumulating on colder ssrvices. We got heavy snow here with less than quarter mile visibility. Heading to midtown I can already see a difference in accumulations in the south bronx. I got close to 4 inches in Morris park on colder surfaces about 2 inches on sidewalks and roads.

Unless someone rescues them the toads may be buried and suffocate, but if they're to dumb to get out of the snow they chose their own fate.

About 1.5 here, snowing moderately but not heavy. Probably the subsidence area. Don't care. It's April snow. Don't have high expectations. Worried about the kid driving to class in it though. Thought we were done for this year....

There’s a BMW spun out on the main road near my house. 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, North and West said:

There’s a chance Morris County get 6 or so from this. I’m very surprised that it’s sticking everywhere.

I am not, as I've said a few times - it's all about snowfall rates exceeding melting rates and the snow quickly cools the surface (it takes up the heat from the surface to melt the initial snow), especially before the sun angle is a factor, and once a layer of snow covers the surface, then it's snow falling on 32F snow and it will accumulate easily.  

1 hour ago, Paragon said:

April snow is really memorable, it should be enjoyed.  Spring is the most boring time of the year, so if it can be avoided, it's fine by me.  Go right from winter to summer.  Also, the pollen season is a worse hell than any kind of weather.  I would sooner get a direct hit from another Sandy then experience the hell that is the pollen season.

Spring is when the best fishing is though, at least in freshwater. Once the summer comes I have to fight bugs, heat, lightning and algae....and sunnies.

Just now, RU848789 said:

I am not, as I've said a few times - it's all about snowfall rates exceeding melting rates and the snow quickly cools the surface (it takes up the heat from the surface to melt the initial snow), especially before the sun angle is a factor, and once a layer of snow covers the surface, then it's snow falling on 32F snow and it will accumulate easily.  

I was surprised at the difference between this and some of our more hyped storms this year; what came down here stuck quickly so far.

Cool; admittedly, I haven’t been following this storm as closely, so I missed that. Just ready for spring.

Archived