Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Cfa said:

Most sane people are.

April snow is really memorable, it should be enjoyed.  Spring is the most boring time of the year, so if it can be avoided, it's fine by me.  Go right from winter to summer.  Also, the pollen season is a worse hell than any kind of weather.  I would sooner get a direct hit from another Sandy then experience the hell that is the pollen season.

16 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The NE wind I think pushed a pretty nasty dry layer in some layer near NYC and parts of NERN NJ.  You can see so far the Obs at EWR/LGA are not translating well off the radar echoes.  I'd say by 545-600 they should be though

Snowing good right now in Easton CT. Everything covered 31 degrees.

Snow already starting to accumulate on cartops, deck and grass (earlier than I expected).  Down to 34F here.  Assume it'll take at least an hour on the warmer paved surfaces unless we get into some heavy snowfall (moderate right now).  And according to the WSI radar, the rain snow line has collapsed to about 276/195 already (never been that impressed with its ability to distinguish rain from snow, but that's what it says).  

3 hours ago, ncforecaster89 said:

Winter storms don't have names. Personally, hate TWC concept and their self-promoting hype machine.   But, that's just me!  

Personally I dont think any storms should have names (not hurricanes or TS either), it triviliazes the science.  But if you're going to do it, do it right, name all storms that have major impacts (impact based scale) and name them using a scientific system utilizing the lat/long of where they formed combined along with a greek letter signifying the order.  They name major storms in Europe also.

3 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Manhattan will be tough for any decent totals. Hopefully the Park can come out with 2” or so (although with the way they typically measure, who knows)

I see most of our local forecasters are going for 1-3 inches for NYC and Long Island, and 4-6 inches N/W of the city.

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It looks to me like the streets are already getting some minor accumulation near Central Park

The streets should be used to snow by now ;-) the influence of the "warm" weather the last few days was overstated.

55 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Snow already starting to accumulate on cartops, deck and grass (earlier than I expected).  Down to 34F here.  Assume it'll take at least an hour on the warmer paved surfaces unless we get into some heavy snowfall (moderate right now).  And according to the WSI radar, the rain snow line has collapsed to about 276/195 already (never been that impressed with its ability to distinguish rain from snow, but that's what it says).  

As of 6:05 am, we have 1/2" of snow on colder surfaces and it's just starting to stick on the driveway and sidewalks; temp is also down to 33F now.  Coming down moderately to close to heavily.  Very pretty snowfall with little wind - sticking to everything not named asphalt.    

Archived