Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Anyone looking a week out in April for a big snowstorm really needs to take a look at themselves. 

But verbatim, the gfs would be a mixed bag event, a lot of that would be sleet. 

This thread is for tomorrow but since we mentioned it I figured I'd add my 2 cents it's a really strong signal 5-6 days out. Very nice storm to track, that's probably more addicting than the snow itself. Well see, guess back to tomorrow's nuisance storm lol

22 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Anyone looking a week out in April for a big snowstorm really needs to take a look at themselves. 

Actually this is a bad post

Pattern supports a big storm with the AO rising.

28 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

There is historical precedence so saying it can’t happen because it’s April is foolish.

6 minutes ago, rclab said:

He can’t help himself. He just misses S*** 19.

Ever since he got banned we’ve cashed in on snow .  That dude was like a black cloud over our heads    Anyway I’m liking 2-4 inches for the city with this upcoming wave.  It’s coming at a good time, 12z nam shows 1 inch per hour rates for a time.  Then we shift our focus to next week.  

10 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

If I were the Euro I would extend that blue right right the city and up to yonkers I think

The dynamics are there

The Euro has been too far south with almost everything so it probably will verify more north again.  Even last week where it did well it still verified slightly too far south. It may have been only 25 miles but on a straight line that’s a big difference if we shift that north 

23 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Let's also take into account that Monday, April 2 is the Yankees home opener. Since 1982 it's becoming somewhat of a tradition, that every 10-15 years or so the Yankees have their home opener either snowed out or played while it snows.

The first one of course was the April 6, 1982 blizzard when a foot of snow blanketed most of the city and up to 20 inches in some of the suburbs and the Yankees home opener was delayed for three days so they could shovel out the stadium which still had snow surrounding it when the season was opened three days later on April 9.

The second time of course was the April 9, 1996 home opener which was played despite the fact it was 35° during the entire game and it snowed during the entire game a few times in the late innings heavy but for the most part didn't stick to the grass although it did whiten the outfield a bit at times.

The third time of course was the April 7th 2003 opener which was canceled till the next day because 4 to 6 inches of snow blanketed the city that day. Of course the next day the first pitch was thrown with snow still covering the Bronx and the game time temperature of 34°. Charlie Rosen who was doing Yankee games on radio then opened up the broadcast with the classic line "welcome to Yankee Stadium everyone on a beautiful day to play baseball", and he paused, "somewhere in the world but certainly not here today".

If Monday, April 2 makes it the fourth time in the last 36 years, so be it. It's been almost 15 years so they are overdue.

Not to nitpick but it was actually Charlie Steiner on the radio call paired with the famous John Sterling. I have childhood memories of them calling games even though it was only a couple of years but it was some of the best years with the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. Not sure who Charlie Rosen is.

2 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Not to nitpick but it was actually Charlie Steiner on the radio call paired with the famous John Sterling. I have childhood memories of them calling games even though it was only a couple of years but it was some of the best years with the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. Not sure who Charlie Rosen is.

Banter! Please

Archived