Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jm1220 said:

We have a vendor thread, please use it for the crankywxguy etc posts. 

I am not trying to cause an argument but doesn't this defeat the purpose of a storm specific thread then? Even though my post was from a "vendor" it was specifically related to this event. By putting it in the "vendor thread" it could easily get lost in the shuffle by not being viewed because everyone is more interested in viewing this thread. Just my opinion. 

Its easter sunday and i have to come moderate you children. Since we no longer have the option to 5 post, and i prefer to spend the rest of the day with my extended family...bannings will be the order of the day. Anyone banned can PM the admins to see if you can be resurrected. 

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Its easter sunday and i have to come moderate you children. Since we no longer have the option to 5 post, and i prefer to spend the rest of the day with my extended family...bannings will be the order of the day. Anyone banned can PM the admins to see if you can be resurrected. 

That's how you know the board situation is really bad

4 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Well i really meant hide on a couch and watch golf....and steal my kids reeses eggs .

Before you go spend some quality time stealing your kids candy can you tell me how much snow I can expect in my yard and what time each and every model comes out?  Wait, just post the maps for me, thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

2-5 areawide with more in west PA

3 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Our best April snow event of the 2010's so far and biggest since 2003.

This should be a nice event for the area considering its April. I am also curious to see what happens with the potential weekend storm, currently it looks south on the models but we all know what the seasonal trend has been.

I would guess any 6 or 7” jackpot amounts would be just north of the city in Rockland and Westchester as well as southern CT, and maybe the north shore. This system will be in and out within 6 hours. The city will probably get 2 or 3”, hopefully I can get 3” to get me to 45” for the season. 

23 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

We had 4" in Nov 95 here and 14" in April 96. Remove that and there was 77" for Dec-March, which would still be a record at my location.

I'm still scratching my head how we managed to hit 60" this winter and it might not be done yet.  A little like Feb - March 1967 delayed by a month.

Out here '04/'05 would have slightly eclipsed '95/'96 during DJFM.   Looks like BNL's totals during DJF  '04/'05 were a good bit higher than what you got in Smithtown.   

But yeah, 60" this winter is impressive..

20 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Gfs has highest totals further south. Someone's going to get a quick 6" out of this. 

I hope there's no additional tree damage, snow will be very wet. 

Wonder if there will be any effects on fruit trees; my peaches are budding out. 2-4 would be a big deal for this time of year. Might make up for the 80's in Feb. It's actually not bad out today. Cloudy over here but comfortable. Except for my wife, who is from Colombia so if its under 70 its cold out....

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Our best April snow event of the 2010's so far and biggest since 2003.

every decade averaged at least 0.1" which means at least a 1" storm in the ten year period...the seventies managed only 0.7" for the decade...still the average rounds up to 0.1"...we need at least a half inch to continue every decade averaging at least measurable snow...the 1980's averaged 1.0" and the 90's with 0.1"...the 1990's and 1970's did not get a 1" snowfall in April at Central Park...

Archived