Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Yep, daughter was about 7 months old. She's a sophomore in HS now. Seems like yesterday. Time seems to pass faster after you hit 30....

Einstein explained it, when you're 20, one year is 5% of your existence. When you are 50, one year is 2 % if your existence, hence the  feeling that life is going by faster. It isn't, it's just that each year as we age "seems" smaller.

53 minutes ago, sferic said:

Einstein explained it, when you're 20, one year is 5% of your existence. When you are 50, one year is 2 % if your existence, hence the  feeling that life is going by faster. It isn't, it's just that each year as we age "seems" smaller.

Leave it to Einstein to make me feel even more depressed....

Not that I’m particularly buying it but hi res meso models are showing a band going up north of NYC and into CT, and a subsidence zone south of there. We probably won’t know where that sets up until it’s here, but it’ll likely be good to be on the north end of the heavier stuff. 

1 hour ago, sferic said:

The trick is to go faster and faster.  I think Einstein explained that too.

PS, a check of the magic 8 ball reveals ...  ;)

Philly.jpg

Just now, Philadelphia Snow said:

With the UHI probually 1 inch at most imo at least in the immediate metro area. 

It really depends on where the banding sets up. The Nam and most of the models show this storm having impressive dynamics. My guess is that we see an area with close to warning level snows somewhere in the tri state area while the rest see 1 to 3 inches mostly on unpaved surfaces. 

namconus_temp_adv_fgen_700_neus_37.png

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

It really depends on where the banding sets up. The Nam and most of the models show this storm having impressive dynamics. My guess is that we see an area with close to warning level snows somewhere in the tri state area while the rest see 1 to 3 inches mostly on unpaved surfaces. 

namconus_temp_adv_fgen_700_neus_37.png

NAM really puts most of the action around here in a 50-75 mile wide band based on fronto like the map here shows. This run puts it a little south of 18z, which had it a little north of the city and into CT. South of it battles subsidence and north is beyond where the moisture/forcing can make it. If something like the NAM happens, I agree-in that band there could be close to warning snow or even 6-7" locally and outside there not more than 2-3". 

Archived