Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, doncat said:

0.12" here today...5.00" for the month and 17.15" since 2/1.

4th highest number of days in NYC so far with measurable precipitation during FMA.

#1....44 days...1950

#2....43...........1936....1916

#3....42..........1964

#4....41..........2018......so far

2 hours ago, SACRUS said:

Looks like we may be in a bit of a back and forth warmth 5/1 - 5/5 then cooler/wetter 5/6 - 5/11, with some signs of heights building back in by Mothers day weekend.  Will be nice to see some more warmth next week and the extent of maxes in the warmer spots. Think we fall short of 90s but it may be close 

High have been overperforming by up to 5 degrees on sunny days, I think we definitely see 90s. 

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

4th highest number of days in NYC so far with measurable precipitation during FMA.

#1....44 days...1950

#2....43...........1936....1916

#3....42..........1964

#4....41..........2018......so far

That is the fifth highest so far..I remember 1964 having many dreary cool days in april...May turned out warm and dry...

20 minutes ago, uncle W said:

That is the fifth highest so far..I remember 1964 having many dreary cool days in april...May turned out warm and dry...

41 days is the 4th highest number of days so far on the list. We have a shot to move up with more possible light showers in the forecast through Monday.

11 hours ago, bluewave said:

Monday Looks like the last shot at an interior Northeast freeze for the season. Some colder parts of our local area may see 30's.

f75.thumb.gif.829be5c2a3889ce2a347e80639e2c8ce.gif

Can't say that for rural areas in northeastern Pa and Ny state. In recent years we have had freezes in mid May.

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

ISP had 1/16 mile during 1/4/18 blizzard i believe

This would be the lowest that I can remember for fog. The Loop Parkway had to close.

Thanks for the report. If you hear of any other closures or accidents please let us know.

@NWSNewYorkNY Nassau Co Lido Beach. NY State PD has closed Loop Parkway. Numerous MVA's due to very dense fog. Skywarn 15-488NYC.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

This would be the lowest that I can remember for fog. The Loop Parkway had to close.

Thanks for the report. If you hear of any other closures or accidents please let us know.

@NWSNewYorkNY Nassau Co Lido Beach. NY State PD has closed Loop Parkway. Numerous MVA's due to very dense fog. Skywarn 15-488NYC.

Wednesdsy evening the visibility in Long Beach was as close to zero as you can get.  It was very scary driving.

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Wednesdsy evening the visibility in Long Beach was as close to zero as you can get.  It was very scary driving.

I remember many foggy days in Long Beach. Sometimes the sun would be out just over the bridge in Island Park or Oceanside.

33 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

We had a very nice, well defined shelf cloud move in here before the rain started. Expected those storms to weaken when I saw it but very cool to see. Ominous. Can't wait for severe2k18

That was it, probably. Hope it was everything you wanted.

Steady rain here after a similarly ominous prelude.

Next 8 days averaging 64degs., or 4degs. AN.

The next BN day (after tomorrow) should come quickly May 7-8 with negative 850mb. T's.  Normal would be +7C or +8C by then.

Month to date is  -3.3.  With the BN finish, should end month at  -3.6 or so.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived