Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

not here.  BDR has less than .25.   Same deal by me 5 miles away-light rain/drizzle all day and the dry slot is moving in now...big bust by the meso's.

The precip on radar down this way has been showery all day despite the heavier rates verifying at the surface. It was a steady moderate rain here most of the morning with periods of heavier rain and even a few downpours. 

1 minute ago, NJwx85 said:

The precip on radar down this way has been showery all day despite the heavier rates verifying at the surface. It was a steady moderate rain here most of the morning with periods of heavier rain and even a few downpours. 

western areas definitely did better....Euro looks to verify the best NYC and east.

4 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

it's warm though.  A week ago this was drizzle and 40-at least today it's near 60 in spots.

Indeed..it felt like some cliché spring showers in that sense. There were some sudden heavy bursts among what was periods of mostly light rain. Rainy days like today I can live with.

1 hour ago, dWave said:

Indeed..it felt like some cliché spring showers in that sense. There were some sudden heavy bursts among what was periods of mostly light rain. Rainy days like today I can live with.

vegetation will get a jumpstart with sun and warmth next 5-7 days...

While we continued to see periods of record warmth over the last 12 months, the cold departures have become more frequent than in recent years. Instead of warm departures running the table nearly every month, 7 out of the last 12 have had a negative departure. But the magnitude of the colder monthly departures haven't been able to rival the new record warmest months  in October and February. 

Cold departures in NYC the last 12 months

May...-1.3...Aug....-1.2....Nov....-1.1...Dec....-1.2.....Jan....-0.9.....Mar....-2.4.....Apr.....-3.9

55 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Wow, really? I've heard them for about a month already.

Yeah, it's definitely later than usual.  Granted, they could have started a few days ago and I just didn't notice, but tonight was the first time I actually heard them.

It seems the Katydids have been starting later in the summer as well, at least here.

Looks like we may be in a bit of a back and forth warmth 5/1 - 5/5 then cooler/wetter 5/6 - 5/11, with some signs of heights building back in by Mothers day weekend.  Will be nice to see some more warmth next week and the extent of maxes in the warmer spots. Think we fall short of 90s but it may be close 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived