Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottomed out at 37 here, I’m an island in a sea of cold. Stations to my north, south, and east dipped near/below freezing, but none to my west.

At first I questioned whether my readings were accurate, but there’s zero frost and my tropical plants look unfazed. So yeah.

Another great radiational cooling morning. 37 now at Wantagh. Areas to our north have seen a near record number of lows in the 20's for the month of April. This April is on track for one of the most significant cold months across the US in years. Some people on here are probably wishing we could have had this degree of cold in February instead of record warmth.

Most days with April lows below 30 at POU

#1....15....1956,1943

#2....13.....1975

#3...12.....2018,1972

MonthTDeptUS.png.a3e86986abf6784f77f89a296f38c8f4.png

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, it looks like it will last a few days as the ridge is reloading again near Alaska. The good news for the spring fans is that the cool down following will be much weaker than the when we hit 80 last weekend.

some of the models look fairly dry for May-euro weeklies etc...that could get us a bit warmer if the ground dries out considerably.

4 hours ago, bluewave said:

Another great radiational cooling morning. 37 now at Wantagh. Areas to our north have seen a near record number of lows in the 20's for the month of April. This April is on track for one of the most significant cold months across the US in years. Some people on here are probably wishing we could have had this degree of cold in February instead of record warmth.

Most days with April lows below 30 at POU

#1....15....1956,1943

#2....13.....1975

#3...12.....2018,1972

Overnight lows around here have been consistently beating out the forecast.  Definitely a good month for radiational cooling and crisp mornings.

4 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

some of the models look fairly dry for May-euro weeklies etc...that could get us a bit warmer if the ground dries out considerably.

NYC just needs .55 on Wednesday to record the first three months in row with 5.00" since 2011. Hard to believe it's that long since it was a more common occurrence 2003-2011.

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

NYC just needs .55 on Wednesday to record the first three months in row with 5.00" since 2011. hard to believe it has been that long since it was a more common occurrence 2003-2011.

That won't be hard to do...most models have at least that much...

7 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

26 here for my low.

Nice 43F diurnal swing today. Pretty much the perfect spring day... got a fair amount of yardwork done until the link between the transmission and speed control pedal on my tractor broke, then I just planted potatoes for the rest of the afternoon. The part won't be in until Friday, but that means I'll have the week to focus on the gardens instead of hauling tree limbs. Not the worst thing.

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Nice 43F diurnal swing today. Pretty much the perfect spring day... got a fair amount of yardwork done until the link between the transmission and speed control pedal on my tractor broke, then I just planted potatoes for the rest of the afternoon. The part won't be in until Friday, but that means I'll have the week to focus on the gardens instead of hauling tree limbs. Not the worst thing.

42 for me, 29/70

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived