Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

The masonry stations are showing 63 degrees for the Bronx. That reading of 71 degrees might be in the sunshine.

Got up to 67 here in bx. Looks slightly cooler in Manhattan and much cooler down into BK, southern queens with a sea breeze.  71 seem high though. 

3 hours ago, Morris said:

Check the dew point at the park and LGA vs. Newark. 

Anyone can explain the big disparity? 

I noticed that too btwn LGA and the Park. They both pretty dry either way. I figure W to NW wind pick up a tiny bit of moisture from the east river to add a little to the dew point? 

I notice the Park tends to be a little more humid instead but thats more when the trees/vegatation is filled in.

My predictions for the summer

hot May, cool June and early July. Hot second half of July and early August followed by a rainy and humid second half of August! September may be cooler than normal. And the 71 degree reading in The Bronx was from my car sorry guys it might have been incorrect, regardless best day today! Tomorrow looks like another winner!

1 hour ago, mattinpa said:

I think we will have more than that. Even nowadays, it usually doesn't get consistently hot until June.

They'll definitely be more pleasant days and weekends before the summer heat consistently kicks.

2 hours ago, Sn0waddict said:

One week of spring and then right into summer. Figures lol

I'm assuming it'll be another quick spurt of really warm to hot temperatures. How long it lasts will depend if a trough hangs around SE Canada while ridging builds to the north and west. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more strong backdoor type airmasses while areas well inland torch in May as well. 

Next 8 days averaging 57degs., or just Normal.

Month to date is  -4.5.   Should end month at   -3.3.

The first week+++ of May looks like a heat wave of sorts on the GFS, if clouds and precip. stay out of the act.  Both coasts look AN, with center of country BN.

Output from the long range models gives only half-hearted support.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived