Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2018

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Happy Easter peeps!!

looks like pa and blizz get some snow in their Easter baskets!!

crazy to see how winter keeps hanging in and if the models are right yet another chance later this week.  Have a good day gang. 

Happy Easter !

Here is the 3k NAM this morning to put a little “hop” in everyone’s step !

33C7A75C-14BB-4600-B0AC-B3AEA0E49040.png

7 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Making a run here for a 40” season.    Never saw it coming 

I was just thinking the same thing.

MDT started March at 18 inches of snow, & currently is sitting at 34 inches now.

If Harrisburg gets 4 inches tomorrow & then gets only 2 more inches with the potential next weekend storm, a 40 + inch season will go down as one of the best end game winters for this area.

13 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I was just thinking the same thing.

MDT started March at 18 inches of snow, & currently is sitting at 34 inches now.

If Harrisburg gets 4 inches tomorrow & then gets only 2 more inches with the potential next weekend storm, a 40 + inch season will go down as one of the best end game winters for this area.

Also was thinkin this. The dud February really knocked me(us) back but Mother Nature is trying to make up for her winter slumber. This last couple weeks has really helped to make it feel normalish and ill be less sour when we really do spring forward. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sferic said:

How would Sullivan County in NY's Catskills fare tonight/ tomorrow?

Verbatim both areas are fringed and we too close for a large adjustment north to get them into the best qpf for this event. This looks to be a Somerset to Bloomsburg special. 

55 minutes ago, daxx said:

Hey Nut...check out the 12z gfs and 12z cmc! There is your welcome back snowstorm for next weekend. Lol 

The GFS & Euro crush us next weekend!

You need to subtract about 4 inches from these amounts below because of the storm tomorrow morning. It is a week away, but the pattern supports it. The ensembles have been mixing in solutions like this for days. It’s going to be a fun week of bonus tracking !

E4380768-43A0-418E-A6B6-D6EFB4FD0CF6.png

CE5B89F4-3DA3-475F-B4BD-96B60C9A2F1A.png

1 minute ago, Superstorm said:

At HersheyPark with kids and it’s 57F in the warm sun.

Can’t believe in 12 hours there will be 1” per hour rates.

Even up here in Tamaqua it's nice out. I was playing bean bag toss outside with the grandsons this afternoon.

2 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

This all kind of surreal stuff here fellas...snow in April is not super uncommon. Tracking multiple threats in the same week in April? I've been around longer than most here and I sure don't ever remember it. Enjoy a rare, glorious week of tracking! 

After only 1 week away from the forum I checked back in last night to discover the upcoming snow opportunities.  Some of the quoted stats for this winter for MDT are truly amazing.  Like, I never would have thought that the highest temp for the whole month of March in MDT was just 54!  That's about as incredible as one May back in the 90's when the temperature never touched 80 degrees the entire month.  I think a bunch of us cracked 80 on the second day of the mini Feb heatwave.  I hit 81.5.  And then, to have the mean for the month of March colder than February, again quite a feat of mother nature.  I think it's one of the many aspects of weather watching that keeps so many of us excited.  There just always seems to be a record of some kind to be broken, whether it be to our liking or not.

Regarding a post possibly by you, Maytown, about April 6, 1982, I want to add a little bit more from my memories.  That storm took place on a Tuesday.  I was only one month away from graduating from Rutgers and then heading off to Optometry school in August.  Even though I knew nothing about indexes, or blocking or the like, there almost had to be some kind of negative NAO present at the time.  An incredibly cold air mass for early April was plunging down from Canada.  Thicknesses were forecast to be around 510, and the center was going to pass near the mid atlantic and northeast.  Once again, timing was everything with that storm.  While I don't know the type of storm, my guess is maybe Miller B?  I can't remember the precise timing regarding when the storm was taking place...if it was late Monday to late Tuesday, or it started sometime Tuesday and continued into Tuesday night before ending.  Again, I was in north Jersey, but it sounds like those out here got in on the storm as well.  2 Stats I do remember...the storm delivered 9.5" of snowfall by late Tuesday evening, and the temperatures dropped into the mid-teens Tuesday night and failed to crack freezing with full sunshine during the daytime on Wednesday.  Central Park broke 2 record lows at midnight (April 6/7) Tuesday night/Wednesday morning when the temperature dropped to 21 degrees.  It was, and has been for the past 36 years the biggest single April snowstorm that I have witnessed.

The question I have for djr or others if you know, is what is MDT's snowiest April on record stat?  How about the top 5 list??  If we get the goods both tonight and again next weekend, do we have a shot at the all-time April snowfall record at MDT???

6 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

After only 1 week away from the forum I checked back in last night to discover the upcoming snow opportunities.  Some of the quoted stats for this winter for MDT are truly amazing.  Like, I never would have thought that the highest temp for the whole month of March in MDT was just 54!  That's about as incredible as one May back in the 90's when the temperature never touched 80 degrees the entire month.  I think a bunch of us cracked 80 on the second day of the mini Feb heatwave.  I hit 81.5.  And then, to have the mean for the month of March colder than February, again quite a feat of mother nature.  I think it's one of the many aspects of weather watching that keeps so many of us excited.  There just always seems to be a record of some kind to be broken, whether it be to our liking or not.

Regarding a post possibly by you, Maytown, about April 6, 1982, I want to add a little bit more from my memories.  That storm took place on a Tuesday.  I was only one month away from graduating from Rutgers and then heading off to Optometry school in August.  Even though I knew nothing about indexes, or blocking or the like, there almost had to be some kind of negative NAO present at the time.  An incredibly cold air mass for early April was plunging down from Canada.  Thicknesses were forecast to be around 510, and the center was going to pass near the mid atlantic and northeast.  Once again, timing was everything with that storm.  While I don't know the type of storm, my guess is maybe Miller B?  I can't remember the precise timing regarding when the storm was taking place...if it was late Monday to late Tuesday, or it started sometime Tuesday and continued into Tuesday night before ending.  Again, I was in north Jersey, but it sounds like those out here got in on the storm as well.  2 Stats I do remember...the storm delivered 9.5" of snowfall by late Tuesday evening, and the temperatures dropped into the mid-teens Tuesday night and failed to crack freezing with full sunshine during the daytime on Wednesday.  Central Park broke 2 record lows at midnight (April 6/7) Tuesday night/Wednesday morning when the temperature dropped to 21 degrees.  It was, and has been for the past 36 years the biggest single April snowstorm that I have witnessed.

The question I have for djr or others if you know, is what is MDT's snowiest April on record stat?  How about the top 5 list??  If we get the goods both tonight and again next weekend, do we have a shot at the all-time April snowfall record at MDT???

I recall an April, maybe 90's, where the area had a general 4-8" snowfall that accumulated on all surfaces.  Maybe someone here will recall.  Could have been late 80's but do not think it was far back as 82.