• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2018

If I were a betting man, I'd say that the area south of the M-D Line to about I-81 and then up to I-78 Lehigh Valley on south and east stand the best chance of severe. There isn't much action in PA at the moment outside of some cells out along I-99 and west..

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

Is it me or does the system next week look like it's not going to end up being too much of an issue - just random passing showers for a day or two?

Latest run of the GFS shows the Pine Grove, Tremont, Tower City, Grantville area picking up another 5+ inches by hour 240.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Is it me or does the system next week look like it's not going to end up being too much of an issue - just random passing showers for a day or two?

Every time I look the QPF map is less impressive: (I don't see any areas around here getting more than 3" according to the WP)

Edit: I can't get the image to appear. 

Unbelievable day today. Storms fired to my east and west and moved northeast. Then a line formed due north of me that is moving away from the area. Now, a new line is forming to my southeast...moving away from me. All while whatever is west of me is split and fragmented and falling apart and dissipating. Looks like I'm going to split the goalposts again...

I have NEVER seen a place where it is so difficult to get heavy precipitation, in ANY season. The best I can do in most instances is light, garden variety showers with a few rumbles of distant thunder, or a pixie dust snow event.

Back to the weather - while it's about to pour rain again for a few hours here (nice 20 percent chance of rain we had this morning haha), this is INSANE:

@NWSStateCollege
We have now finalized the 5-day rainfall total for Dehart Dam. 16.75" fell between Saturday 7/21 and Thursday 7/26. That total includes a 1-day rainfall of 8.11" on Tuesday. Crazy amounts of rain! #PAwx

• Like 1

Today was the Altoona/State College region's turn to receive significant flash flooding issues in places with 1-2"+ falling within about an hour or so this morning. Parts of the State College region were hit twice (once overnight and then mid-late morning). WTAJ-TV's facebook has plenty of pics/video of the action this morning. Bigger rivers like the Frankstown and Little Juniata Branches of the main Juniata River did not quite reach flood stage. 

I came across a closed road in my travels this afternoon hitting some back roads between State College and Altoona...Kind of a classic example of why you shouldn't cross a flooded road. You can tell a portion of the one lane has been washed out.

IMG_2542.thumb.jpg.3d55034c17b4c0cd8ed903233c744226.jpg

For this summer as a whole I personally can't recall one that has ever been this consistently wet around here. 

43 minutes ago, canderson said:

Newsflash: it’s still raining

Up here we've been fringed all day. Storms to the west and east, and now this evening's festivities are mostly east. Whatever manages to get close fizzles out. Just take a look at CTP's map. The warnings are up in Berks, Lehigh, Carbon, and Luzerne. An almost complete wrap around of Schuylkill and Tamaqua.