• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2018

18 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

How high must the river get before you would be affected? You're close to Front street, correct? 

My house is in no danger of flooding, it was a block and half away during Agnes in 1972 so if my house floods the capitol will be partially underwater. 

My business however ... not so lucky. 

16 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

My daily numbers since Saturday are 3.06", 1.13", 1.81", and 2.07" for a 4 day total of 8.07" and its crazy that even 8" is not close to the top reported numbers in the area. 

Interesting that Camp Hill/City Island have about 1.5" more - what weird totals. You have any issues with basement flooding or anything? 

If anyone around HBG needs help, just shoot me a PM and I'll do what I can to help you out. 

FWIW 322 is likely to close today going toward Hershey, and 422 as well. 

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Interesting that Camp Hill/City Island have about 1.5" more - what weird totals. You have any issues with basement flooding or anything? 

If anyone around HBG needs help, just shoot me a PM and I'll do what I can to help you out. 

FWIW 322 is likely to close today going toward Hershey, and 422 as well. 

Yea I have been lucky enough to only get clipped with a few heavier cells that hit south/west/east of me yet still hit 8".  I have had water come in from events in the past but somehow the area it comes in is only damp.  As bad as it is getting around here we are lucky the water table underground and the river/creek levels were likely low enough at the start of the event or it would be much worse than it is already.  Part of the concern too with the Susqy reaching that 21-22 feet mark is a lot of the main roads in and out of the city start to get flooded when it reaches that stage.  The roads that don't flood cant handle the extra traffic.  Will be interesting to see where the heavy rain sets up today and how the river level continues to rise.

4 minutes ago, djr5001 said:

Yea I have been lucky enough to only get clipped with a few heavier cells that hit south/west/east of me yet still hit 8".  I have had water come in from events in the past but somehow the area it comes in is only damp.  As bad as it is getting around here we are lucky the water table underground and the river/creek levels were likely low enough at the start of the event or it would be much worse than it is already.  Part of the concern too with the Susqy reaching that 21-22 feet mark is a lot of the main roads in and out of the city start to get flooded when it reaches that stage.  The roads that don't flood cant handle the extra traffic.  Will be interesting to see where the heavy rain sets up today and how the river level continues to rise.

What's more worrying is some mets are saying that this same pattern might set up sometime next week. If that happens then I think things could get a lot worse.

13 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I was under the impression that after today we would have 4 or 5 days of dry weather before the next trough approaches next week. Now it looks like strong to severe thunderstorms Friday PM? 

No looks to remain active and wet for quite a while after a much needed dry day Thursday with another cold front Friday and dry for the weekend followed by another disturbance with more rain coming early next week

13 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

What's more worrying is some mets are saying that this same pattern might set up sometime next week. If that happens then I think things could get a lot worse.

Yea and that is what got us in trouble in 2011 with it being so wet for much of that year that when Lee got here things got bad quick. 

38 minutes ago, canderson said:

Latest forecast has the Susquehanna at 19.1” in Harrisburg which is good news. 

I don't like that they keep lowering crest forecasts only to bump them up when new rainfall occurs later in the day.  They dropped Swatara near Hershey forecast crest down to 14.6 feet yesterday afternoon and it is now sitting at 16.48 feet as of 1PM today which is now 2nd highest on record (1st is September 2011 and record only since 1975 though).

39 minutes ago, canderson said:

Oh hey it’s pouring again - it’s like a broken record. 

It sure is. Just looked at the radar, and although the trajectory has changed a bit, the same areas that got it the past few days are getting it yet again.