• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Spring 2018

50 minutes ago, Voyager said:

1.20" here from the hybrid/noreaster. Now to see where the heaviest rains fall the rest of the week...

Per the CTP discussion, it looks like the rich may get richer (if you like anomalous weather)

Precipitation is expected to be much
less organized today but may fall over areas that have received
3+ inches of rain in the past 12-18 hours. With soils saturated
in some areas, the locally heavy rain will have the potential to
produce isolated flooding/runoff issues. Unlike yesterday,
confidence in the QPF details is quite low. However, there
appears to be a +RA signal in the 06Z HREF mean/blend QPF that
would place a QPF max very close to where the highest amounts
were recently observed.

I missed that slug overnight. Had about 2.15” yesterday - not near as much as I expected. That west joh was legit.

I’m about a mile from Capital City Airport (KCXY) and had 2.93” here. They had 2.75” and KMDT (only about 5 miles away) had 2.07”.

. Pro

Pretty crazy rainfall amounts...some places in Cumberland county got 6 inches. And there's more coming. I had a big thunderstorm come by earlier in the evening and now there's another cluster around Harrisburg.

Also the risk of heavy rainfall is pretty high in south and central PA for the next few days...

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Yesterday and last night delivered the goods. Nearly 3" fell since 4:00pm yesterday, now at 4.8" for the "event." 

Rain woke me up around 2:00am...checked radar and my first thought was that it looked eerily similar to Lee. 

I swear, the Susquehanna Valley is just a heavy rain magnet. Every time we get an event like this, the training, and heaviest precipitation seems to run right up the Susquehanna. Never to the east. Being a weather "geek", I love anomalous events, especially in my backyard, but it never happens...

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Yesterday and last night delivered the goods. Nearly 3" fell since 4:00pm yesterday, now at 4.8" for the "event." 

Rain woke me up around 2:00am...checked radar and my first thought was that it looked eerily similar to Lee. 

a hair over 3" Saturday. Not sure what we had over night, but the thunder/lightning woke me too. And then i heard the rain pounding for hours. 

5" of rain and I'm not even close to having the highest totals in our area. Someone is getting double digit totals before this all moves out. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Susquehanna...it was at an extremely low level before Saturday. I cannot ever recall the river reaching flood stage during the summer months without a tropical storm. Not saying by any means it will reach flood stage but the latest forecast has it at the caution stage in Marietta by late Wednesday/Thursday and still on the rise...

9 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

5" of rain and I'm not even close to having the highest totals in our area. Someone is getting double digit totals before this all moves out. 

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Susquehanna...it was at an extremely low level before Saturday. I cannot ever recall the river reaching flood stage during the summer months without a tropical storm. Not saying by any means it will reach flood stage but the latest forecast has it at the caution stage in Marietta by late Wednesday/Thursday and still on the rise...

The Condoguinet is expected to go a couple feet above flood stage

43 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sounds like Schuylkill County has had a ton of water rescues this morning. 

Yup. The southwestern half. Up my way, nada. Everything missed west, as usual.

10 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Im at 6.12" since Sat.  

I'm at 1.83" in the same time period. And only 0.13" since midnight. I can't even squish any water in my backyard when I walk through it.

Saturday: 1.20"

Saturday overnight: 0.00"

Sunday: 0.50"

Sunday overnight: 0.02"

Monday (so far); 0.11"

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

Yup. The southwestern half. Up my way, nada. Everything missed west as usual.

I'm at 1.83" in the same time period. And only 0.13" since midnight. I can't even squish any water in my backyard when I walk through it.

Saturday: 1.20"

Saturday overnight: 0.00"

Sunday: 0.50"

Sunday overnight: 0.02"

Monday (so far); 0.11"

Be thankful