• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2018

Well guys. I know it has been a while since I last posted in here, but I wanted to say thank you all for the support over the years and allowing me to be part of the weather family that is the Central PA sub-forum. The reason I am saying this is because I will be moving this summer and embarking on my journey west, full-filling my dream as a National Weather Service Meteorologist out in Midland, Texas. I will also be getting married in early June prior to heading out and my last full-time shift at my current position is tomorrow. It has certainly been a pleasure and I will make sure to check in on occasion, especially with any big Winter Storms on the horizon. But for now, I will be trading in my snow hat for a hard hat as I head to the land of the dry line. I couldn't be more excited!! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Well guys. I know it has been a while since I last posted in here, but I wanted to say thank you all for the support over the years and allowing me to be part of the weather family that is the Central PA sub-forum. The reason I am saying this is because I will be moving this summer and embarking on my journey west, full-filling my dream as a National Weather Service Meteorologist out in Midland, Texas. I will also be getting married in early June prior to heading out and my last full-time shift at my current position is tomorrow. It has certainly been a pleasure and I will make sure to check in on occasion, especially with any big Winter Storms on the horizon. But for now, I will be trading in my snow hat for a hard hat as I head to the land of the dry line. I couldn't be more excited!! 

Congrats!!! Enjoy Texas.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

congratulations and best of luck

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Congrats! Don’t judge Texas by Midland. And remember Fort Worth is worth the drive .... !

Kiss the soil for me please.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, canderson said:

Congrats! Don’t judge Texas by Midland. And remember Fort Worth is worth the drive .... !

Kiss the soil for me please.

16 hours ago, sauss06 said:

congratulations and best of luck

16 hours ago, 2001kx said:

Congrats!!! Enjoy Texas.

Thanks guys!! Pretty excited. And @canderson, I actually have been to Texas and I like it. Laid back atmosphere and Midland is actually a rapidly growing area. Everything is there now. We'll be sure to visit all of Texas while we're there. If anyone is ever in the area, feel free to stop by. Our home will be open :) 

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Thanks guys!! Pretty excited. And @canderson, I actually have been to Texas and I like it. Laid back atmosphere and Midland is actually a rapidly growing area. Everything is there now. We'll be sure to visit all of Texas while we're there. If anyone is ever in the area, feel free to stop by. Our home will be open :) 

My nephew currently lives in Midland on a 4-year medical residency. :)  

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 2:43 PM, MillvilleWx said:

Congrats, enjoy the "real" storms out there!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 2:43 PM, MillvilleWx said:

Hey man.  All the best to you and congrats on all of the big news.

Happy for you (although if i were going west, ida looked a pinch N or NW, but i know sometimes you take what you can to get things going.

We look forward to some remote forecast assistance when we get into the snow season next year.  Always appreciated your insight and contributions to the forum.

Looking forward to true spring this week.  What a roller coaster its been so far.

Nut

• Like 1

Be it winter or summer, the Mason-Dixon line seems to be the place to be. It sure looks like we'll be in the cold rain portion of the storm, while south of the Turnpike sees the best storms later today...

I typed that yesterday, but didn't post it, but it looks to be true. We've been cloudy, cool (61f), and dreary all day since this mornings rain. The band from the north is slowly pushing down, but the good stuff does indeed appear to be popping in the warm sector in south central and south west PA. The temp map on my phone app clearly shows the cool wedge of air over east central and northeast PA this afternoon, limiting us to not much more than a cool, synoptic rain event...

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Be it winter or summer, the Mason-Dixon line seems to be the place to be. It sure looks like we'll be in the cold rain portion of the storm, while south of the Turnpike sees the best storms later today...

I typed that yesterday, but didn't post it, but it looks to be true. We've been cloudy, cool (61f), and dreary all day since this mornings rain. The band from the north is slowly pushing down, but the good stuff does indeed appear to be popping in the warm sector in south central and south west PA. The temp map on my phone app clearly shows the cool wedge of air over east central and northeast PA this afternoon, limiting us to not much more than a cool, synoptic rain event...

You can have all of my severe weather any day, all day. I want no part of it. I so wish we could trade locations today.

27 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Where is Wmsptwx at? Lycoming county is getting wamboozled right now...

The outflow boundary blew him down to Lewisburg...lol

Seriously though, that line is really moving. Thunderstorm warnings are hoisted as far east as Berwick already along  I-80, and tornado warnings from Muncy Valley to Dushore...

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

The outflow boundary blew him down to Lewisburg...lol

Seriously though, that line is really moving. Thunderstorm warnings are hoisted as far east as Berwick already along  I-80, and tornado warnings from Muncy Valley to Dushore...

Yes sir, and the southern flank is moving much slower. Us down here near the M/D border are going to get drenched tonight...

5 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Yes sir, and the southern flank is moving much slower. Us down here near the M/D border are going to get drenched tonight...

I just read the warning for Lycoming and Centre County and it stated the line was moving at 60 mph and gusts in the cells were 70-80 mph...