• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2018

Back at 6:10 snow squall #2 moved in and through the area.  Heavy snow with huge flakes for about five minutes.  With the wind and temp around 37 degrees it really did feel like mid-winter.  I wonder if we're on pace to set a record for the most number of days in the month (April) where a trace or more of snow was observed?  I've lost count, but certainly it's been at least six different times / days when snow was seen flying through the air. 

Did you guys know that Minneapolis and surrounding areas recorded between 12 and 24" of snow over the weekend?  Blizzard warnings were issued as winds howled sustained at 25 gusting to 40mph with near zero visibility.  My son was on a layover there the night before, and they got as far as the plane being de-iced before the snow got too heavy and visibilities dropped to below 0.125 miles...which in turn shut down the airport.  He said even the city itself seemed caught off-guard by the magnitude of the snow.  That upper air energy and pocket of arctic air is I think what ended up triggering our squalls today.

Another wintry April day !

I saw at least 3 rounds of snow showers today in Harrisburg & Marysville.

We should have actually had more April snow if the storm on the 7th had hit us. A couple of days before it looked likely that we would get 3-6 inches of snow, but it ended up missing because of too much cold air that pushed the front to our south.

This late winter/early spring has been memorable & has become one that we will mention for years to come.

1 hour ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Back at 6:10 snow squall #2 moved in and through the area.  Heavy snow with huge flakes for about five minutes.  With the wind and temp around 37 degrees it really did feel like mid-winter.  I wonder if we're on pace to set a record for the most number of days in the month (April) where a trace or more of snow was observed?  I've lost count, but certainly it's been at least six different times / days when snow was seen flying through the air. 

Did you guys know that Minneapolis and surrounding areas recorded between 12 and 24" of snow over the weekend?  Blizzard warnings were issued as winds howled sustained at 25 gusting to 40mph with near zero visibility.  My son was on a layover there the night before, and they got as far as the plane being de-iced before the snow got too heavy and visibilities dropped to below 0.125 miles...which in turn shut down the airport.  He said even the city itself seemed caught off-guard by the magnitude of the snow.  That upper air energy and pocket of arctic air is I think what ended up triggering our squalls today.

Minneapolis & Green Bay got hammered with historic snow. Their radar & Blizzard Warnings were entertaining to watch as the storm crushed them with snow.

2 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Some areas in Wisconsin had north of 30" over the weekend. In mid-April. It's been that kind of year. 

8 minutes ago, yardstick said:

Can't believe it...but its actually snowing steady here in elevation outside of Hazleton...thought this was going to finally just be a rain event for us.  Looks amazing. 

Any accumulations? i was looking at cams from the Laurels this morning and it looked like a couple of inches had fallen there. Regardless...enjoy! 

1 hour ago, maytownpawx said:

Any accumulations? i was looking at cams from the Laurels this morning and it looked like a couple of inches had fallen there. Regardless...enjoy! 

I can vouch for far western Cambria County having an inch or so this morning on the US 22 corridor at one of the high points (Chickaree Ridge). Nothing on the roads though despite it snowing pretty hard. Tuesday was a different story as there was snow on the roads up there that morning. The Laurel's have been something else this month. 

45 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm in Tulsa OK right now heading back east from California. You all better finish up that cold and snowy pattern and give me some spring weather...lol

Nice weather pattern developing that should make most happy. Sunny, milder days (though still below normal) and clear, chilly nights look to be in store into the middle of next week.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:14 PM, maytownpawx said:

Quick 1.5" that melted when the sun came out late afternoon...and another 1" late last night with a quick burst...April has become quite a snowy month up here in PA.