• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2018

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

For some reason suppression has reigned supreme this year. Insane in April it still doesn’t want to let go. 

In this case it's the timing of when the wave arrives in conjunction with the cold push. The wave slows down, the arctic air gets firmly established, and the precip heads south. Speed the wave up and we'd be in business. 

Not sure I would say it's been a year of suppression...NYC has had 4x the amount of snow that DC has had. Most areas below our latitude are below normal snowfall this winter.

4 hours ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lmfao...suppression in mid april. 

How much did you get with the last suppressed event? I had 1.5"

I'm sorry but it bothers me a bit when you complain every time a storm misses but you go quiet when you get hit. You tell us how little you get but never how much when you do well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

In this case it's the timing of when the wave arrives in conjunction with the cold push. The wave slows down, the arctic air gets firmly established, and the precip heads south. Speed the wave up and we'd be in business. 

Not sure I would say it's been a year of suppression...NYC has had 4x the amount of snow that DC has had. Most areas below our latitude are below normal snowfall this winter.

That is true - and parts of NJ have really cashed in. I guess suppression is a bad term for me to use there. 

From my point of view we have had a good snow year.  Most of us are above climo.   I know Williamsport and State College area are  below normal, hopefully next year they cash in! Just two weeks ago I had an 18 inch snowstorm in late March!  I guess what I'm trying to say if it ends today I will be fine with what I got this year. If the snow gods want to give us more then that would make me even happier.Lol!

6 minutes ago, daxx said:

From my point of view we have had a good snow year.  Most of us are above climo.   I know Williamsport and State College area are  below normal, hopefully next year they cash in! Just two weeks ago I had an 18 inch snowstorm in late March!  I guess what I'm trying to say if it ends today I will be fine with what I got this year. If the snow gods want to give us more then that would make me even happier.Lol!

It feels so much worse than it is because February was brutal. March and February swapped spots - heck April to date is much more wintery than February was even. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

It feels so much worse than it is because February was brutal. March and February swapped spots - heck April to date is much more wintery than February was even. 

Agree... February was a disaster!   It was not a start to finish Winter, but most years are not. I say overall it was a decent Winter.

1 minute ago, daxx said:

I was really hoping someone in the south would make out with this, but right now that is fading fast.

22 minutes ago, daxx said:

12z gfs is nothing but a strong cold front. Some light snow and flurries in the air.

Incredible how it just fell apart. It’s good though to be tracking into April 

3 hours ago, maytownpawx said:

How much did you get with the last suppressed event? I had 1.5"

I'm sorry but it bothers me a bit when you complain every time a storm misses but you go quiet when you get hit. You tell us how little you get but never how much when you do well.

Lol...I barely post and congratulated yall on 12 inches while I had zilch...maybe find something more legit to get riled over.

9 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Lol...I barely post and congratulated yall on 12 inches while I had zilch...maybe find something more legit to get riled over.

I wasn't "riled". You were complaining last weekend about suppression. It ended up that you got more than most. 

It just seems that you complain about storms missing beforehand but then when you end up getting hit you go quiet.

Trust me...I'm far removed from being riled. I got truly riled with you and Yorkpa25 a few years ago. We're good now. :)