Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24-25 Storm Threat

SnowGolfBro

1 minute ago, midatlanticweather said:

Nope! Wow! What a wall it is!

yea it looked a little better at first, but on closer inspection i think the storm may have just slowed down a few hours, and that upper low/wall bulged south.  maybe it phases ots or something. 

well, the fact that there's 10 hours between posts is not a good sign.  gfs hasn't trended north, so unless we get a last minute hail mary it looks like this one is another southern slider.  and on that note...i now pronounce winter over.  minus maybe a fluke, i think it's time to move on to derechos.

58 minutes ago, 87storms said:

well, the fact that there's 10 hours between posts is not a good sign.  gfs hasn't trended north, so unless we get a last minute hail mary it looks like this one is another southern slider.  and on that note...i now pronounce winter over.  minus maybe a fluke, i think it's time to move on to derechos.

I don't think the GFS has budged in about three days. This one is locked in.

And I don't mind whatsoever. It's time to move on from this mess.

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

I'm here if you need me. Watch list or Reaper call? (I'm the new Reaper lol)

Just Kidding

3 hours ago, Jebman said:

I'm here if you need me. Watch list or Reaper call? (I'm the new Reaper lol)

Just Kidding

lol i actually didn't even realize i was reaped earlier this month until a couple days ago.  i was on a positivity roll, too...dammit. lol

Well, as I said the other day, being the 'bullseye' early usually isn't good...looks like just south of me will jackpot with 6+ inches, congrats Blacksburg. I'll be happy with a 0.5 to top me over the 20 inch mark for the season, a MAJOR win in my book after the disaster of Jan and Feb.

Edit- the race in Martinsville should be interesting, wonder how the people 'camping' in the fields like the idea of several inches of snow.

11 hours ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

Kind of surprised it's not colder and/or north out of elevation. This remains a really cold pattern

i think that's one of the problems...either too much blocking or not enough.  if ever there was a warm/wet, cold/dry la nina, it was this one.  i'm all in for an el nino now.

Bluefield, WV looks like the jackpot for this storm with 17" reported.  Meadows of Dan, VA had 16".  Some small towns in Floyd County, VA had up to 15" including a report of 3" in an hour near Pilot, VA.  Wytheville, Radfird and Dublin, VA all had 14".

all told, 10 counties in SW VA saw 10"+ accumulations, as did the mountains of WV.

22 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Bluefield, WV looks like the jackpot for this storm with 17" reported.  Meadows of Dan, VA had 16".  Some small towns in Floyd County, VA had up to 15" including a report of 3" in an hour near Pilot, VA.  Wytheville, Radfird and Dublin, VA all had 14".

all told, 10 counties in SW VA saw 10"+ accumulations, as did the mountains of WV.

Yep, close but no cigar. Course I have power this morning and many of those folks don't, looking for the silver lining thing lol. Had about 15-20 minutes of light snow here around 5 pm, just enough to wet the roads and dust the tops of cars before it went south again.

Archived