Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24-25 Storm Threat

SnowGolfBro

40 minutes ago, MountainGeek said:

Let's see if happy hour GFS delivers with some degree of northern shift as well.

I think it was Mt Holly that mentioned they didn't really trust the further south solutions yet and LWX still has west of Blue Ridge in yellow for winter storm threat.

The 18z 12k Nam has shifted significantly north, giving my area 5 inches compared to 1 inch at 12z. The 3k Nam has also shifted north giving my area 3 inches compared to .5 inch at 12z. The 18z GFS has shifted north a little giving me 1 inch compared to .5 inch at 12z.

The 00z runs will be interesting! Will this northward shift continue??  If the confluence and blocking to the north weakens, it will.

8 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Guess that's why they call I forecasting and not modeling.

Lol. I would love to have this track 150 - 200 miles further east and give us a good thumping but every model pushes and shredds this system south and west of us. I hope he sees something the models don't  right now.

Of topic - Glad to see the O's  signed Cobb. Their  rotation should be much better this year.

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Lol. I would love to have this track 150 - 200 miles further east and give us a good thumping but every model pushes and shredds this system south and west of us. I hope he sees something the models don't  right now.

Of topic - Glad to see the O's  signed Cobb. Their  rotation should be much better this year.

Yeah it was a solid pick-up. I'm a lot less worried about the track than it simply being shredded. Track obviously isn't good for us right now either, but who knows. The band of best snows is so narrow and within that band, it's really just going to be a very isolated spot in the mountains somewhere that gets clobbered. At least that's what I think.

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

The WPC also sees something that the 12z models didn't see.

7 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

fellow BrO's fans! I was pumped about that too.  With Buck at the helm I always feel like we have a chance to overachieve

Archived