SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring 2018 banter

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rtd208 said:

I was originally planning to install my air conditioners next week as I like to get it out of the way but I think I will hold off another week or so since the cooler temperatures will likely stick around for a bit longer.

I never take mine out in my bedroom.  Obviously not the best idea but I like it cool when I go to sleep.

6 hours ago, Rjay said:

I never take mine out in my bedroom.  Obviously not the best idea but I like it cool when I go to sleep.

Do you have a box that covers it from the inside or a cover that goes on the outside? Those accordion panels must let in a lot of cold, no?  

50 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Do you have a box that covers it from the inside or a cover that goes on the outside? Those accordion panels must let in a lot of cold, no?  

Some winters I leave my bedroom units installed as well. My house was built in late 1700s so it's basically Swiss cheese as far as the elements are concerned, anyway. 

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Some winters I leave my bedroom units installed as well. My house was built in late 1700s so it's basically Swiss cheese as far as the elements are concerned, anyway. 

Wow, that's old.  Not too familiar with your town, but I'm assuming there's some great Revolutionary War history in the area.

37 minutes ago, Rjay said:

No cover.  

I've left them in until maybe November before, but anything after that was just too much.  They'll be going in soon, but I can cope pretty well with a hot night anyway if one so happens to come along.

4 hours ago, CIK62 said:

Back to a long wait for an AN stretch on the CFS, in agreement with the EURO WEEKLIES.  

CFS did have some warm looking runs.  Next 45 is BN again.

Which run are you looking at? 12z on tidbits shows week 1 BN and then the remainder is still actually slightly AN. There’s that cold pool of water off the coast that’s BN that I’m sure will keep the coast cooler no matter what temperatures do, but the CFS still depicts the region as slightly AN after week 1. 

2 hours ago, tdp146 said:

Which run are you looking at? 12z on tidbits shows week 1 BN and then the remainder is still actually slightly AN. There’s that cold pool of water off the coast that’s BN that I’m sure will keep the coast cooler no matter what temperatures do, but the CFS still depicts the region as slightly AN after week 1. 

Sorry.  I believe you are correct.  I must have hit the Day 45 spot and thought it was the 45-day period.  This was the 0Z run.  But the EURO is BN all the way on the 7-day, becoming iffy by Memorial Day Weekend, thankfully.

Also, note the CFS has a pesky upper level pocket of cold air at 500mb of 5400M, overhead 5/12-16.

Where and when was that above waterspout video made?

Back to our business.  GFS bent on becoming a star or a laughing stock with its May opening heat salvo.

GFS has 6 '80-degree days' in a row at the start of May, and looks like it means business. (THK >5700M)  CMC not fully on board.  

Just now, CIK62 said:

Where and when was that above waterspout video made?

Back to our business.  GFS bent on becoming a star or a laughing stock with its May opening heat salvo.

GFS has 6 '80-degree days' in a row at the start of May, and looks like it means business.  CMC not fully on board.  

Euro agrees with it....

Well, the EURO WEEKLIES-4/23 have arrived, and they hardly support a great heat ridge around here during the start of May.   Mixed bag on temperatures which may not even net out AN.   However, it is dry during the period in question, and stays near normal precipitation till about late May.  Meanwhile the 6-10 & 8-14 Outlook has near zero confidence level associated with its output.

So, Sun Tan Lotion not needed?   Who knows.

6 hours ago, CIK62 said:

Well, the EURO WEEKLIES-4/23 have arrived, and they hardly support a great heat ridge around here during the start of May.   Mixed bag on temperatures which may not even net out AN.   However, it is dry during the period in question, and stays near normal precipitation till about late May.  Meanwhile the 6-10 & 8-14 Outlook has near zero confidence level associated with its output.

EPS/GEFS continue to trend towards a stronger eastern ridge. I don't see how May doesn't start off very warm to hot. 

GFS average high temperature for first 7 days of May is an astonishing 84 degrees.  Must be a +14.

CFS does not support such a +++++ departure.  Scary thing is that it does by Week 3 of May.  I suppose that would be 7 90's in a row by then.

Latest (06Z)GFS has an average high of 81 for the first 9 days of May.

If above happens (and pattern favors even stronger ridges latter in month), we would be looking at another knockout above normal, all-time warm month.

Record is 68.7  in 1991.  This is just +6.3.  Supposedly we are starting with +10 and more to come.  Something not Kosher here.

13 hours ago, CIK62 said:

sunscreen is not a requirement based on temps, it's about sun angle, wherther it's 45 degrees or 85 degrees, you'll burn just the same...

43 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

sunscreen is not a requirement based on temps, it's about sun angle, wherther it's 45 degrees or 85 degrees, you'll burn just the same...

Gee.  Just a figure of speech, like a nice waistline.  Know all about 45 to 73 degrees Mar. 8---Oct. 10 being dangerous around here.

19 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

Gee.  Just a figure of speech, like a nice waistline.  Know all about 45 to 73 degrees Mar. 8---Oct. 10 being dangerous around here.

yeah I get it.   I did hear someone say at my son's LL game this weekend that they didn't need sunblock b/c it was chilly out.  LOLOLOLOL

Are you a reincarnated Jack Benny comedian type?  We ain't talking about temperatures here---the Sun's angle above the horizon man.  If the temps. do not pan out, then I will need much BULL Frog,---since I will not be at the beach.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived