Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2018 banter

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, bluewave said:

They restored much of the missing temperature and precipitation data. But the snowfall on the XMACIS site is still largely incomplete with numerous missing days.

https://www.weather.gov/aly/SpecialDataPOU

IMO, comparing snowfall data among sites can be apples and oranges anyway. That’s got to be the least accurate data out there due to the various measuring techniques and changes as we’ve discussed in the past. They can give you an idea of how decent a snowfall season it was or wasn’t but that’s about it from my point of view. 

Look at this spot today... 

Winter Storm Warning
Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 hours ago – National Weather Service

Total snow accumulations of 8 to 15 inches are expected through Sunday from southwest Minnesota to east central Minnesota and northern Wisconsin ... addition, additional ice ...

C7A0E8B0-24F1-4EF3-8038-A4B76E387E24.png

CF27BE59-0EEE-430C-A66A-3234F7CACB9E.png

I think Minneapolis will get at least 5-10 inches of snow. The snow is just setting up it didn’t start cranking yet. Lucky them! :weenie:

22 hours ago, bluewave said:
Caribou's had 111 consecutive days of 12"+ snow depth. Record is 132 days set last winter (data in chart as of yesterday). we'll very likely make it to #2 on record tomorrow morning. That would make the last 2 seasons having the 2 greatest 12"+ snow on ground streaks!#mewx pic.twitter.com/iwJHvyn5GQ
View photo ·    

What a great run.  That is real winter.  

33 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Is anyone else having or experienced an issue with wunderground obs for official stations?  For the life of me i cant pull up site like NYC, EWR, PHL, LGA etc?  Thanks in advance - Tony

Ive noticed the offical stations do not show up on the map. Its been like that for me more often than not for a long time (on the app). I have them saved in favorites and I can get to them that way.

12 minutes ago, dWave said:

Ive noticed the offical stations do not show up on the map. Its been like that for me more often than not for a long time (on the app). I have them saved in favorites and I can get to them that way.

Thanks  - so odd a site like that would be so difficult to choose a station that worked for 20 years.  if you have the url/links can you share them, thanks.

10 hours ago, SACRUS said:

Thanks  - so odd a site like that would be so difficult to choose a station that worked for 20 years.  if you have the url/links can you share them, thanks.

Their daily/weekly/monthly histories are accessible, but WU seems to default to the nearest PWS for current conditions on the website, and they’ve become inaccessible on the app unless they were previously bookmarked. My KISP bookmark was actually replaced with someone’s PWS.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KLGA/2018/4/15/MonthlyHistory.html?&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KJFK/2018/4/15/MonthlyHistory.html?&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KNYC/2018/4/15/MonthlyHistory.html?&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KEWR/2018/4/15/MonthlyHistory.html?&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KPHL/2018/4/15/MonthlyHistory.html?&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=

The 14.9" at Minneapolis/St. Paul sets a new record for the largest April snowstorm on record #mnwx

Because we're full of fun facts here at @NWSTwinCities, as of this evening we're sitting at 70.3" of snow at Minneapolis/St. Paul since January 1. This sets a new record for the all-time snowiest start to a calendar year in the Twin Cities!#mnwx pic.twitter.com/gGpAoXDAk2

UPDATE: As of 6 PM, the official storm total here at the office was 23.5". It still ranks as the All-Time 2nd Largest Snowstorm in #GreenBay. We are still 5.5" away from tying the all-time record. #wiwx

...RECORD-BREAKING RAINFALL OVER NORTH AND EAST KAUAI PRODUCES SEVERE
FLOODING...

An upper level low pressure system which tapped into enhanced moisture
in the lower levels of the atmosphere produced torrential rainfall
and severe flooding over much of north and east Kauai. Communities
west of Princeville have been cut off from the rest of the island.
Several roads from Hanalei to Haena have been washed out. Several
areas in east Kauai, such as Wailua, Kapaa, and Anahola,
experienced significant flooding.

Here are significant rainfall totals from Kauai during the 24-hour period
ending at 4 PM HST on April 15, 2018. All values are in inches.

Hanalei                     : 20.32+
Wainiha                     : 19.54
Mount Waialeale             : 18.02
Princeville Airport         : 13.39
Kapahi                      :  9.10
N Wailua Ditch              :  8.10
Wailua                      :  7.27
Kilohana                    :  3.57

The peak 24-hour at Hanalei was 28.15 inches as of 2 AM HST when the
gage stopped reporting. The record 24-hour rainfall at this site is
28.54 inches for the period from 4 AM HST March 4, 2012 to 4 AM HST
March 5, 2012. While the current event 24-hour total was slightly
less than the record, it is highly likely that this record was
broken by heavy rainfall after the gage stopped reporting.

The Wainiha total of 19.54 inches is a 24-hour record, breaking the
previous long term record of 16.70 inches from January 6, 1969.

$$

Approaching 9PM local time, temperatures in the London heat island are still well into the 70s.

Clouds are hanging in from about Sullivan and Ulster counties N&W and where it has remained cloudy temps today have held in the 30s.  For the rest of us, most have nudged past 50 in bright sunshine.   OC is mostly splitting the difference in the mid - upper 40s.  The temperature drops steadily and rather quickly heading west on 17 from the thruway.

52 here.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived