Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2018 banter

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Not much precipation either, something like .25 for the winter?

Yeah, really extreme drought. 

It is #raining at our office, with 0.01" measured so far today! Yes, we call that liquid falling from the clouds #rain. This is our first measured rain since February 17th, and our 2nd since October 13th (0.02" since that date). Keep those rain dances going! #phwx #txwx #okwxpic.twitter.com/79KkXXfF4L
View photo ·    

10 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, really extreme drought. 

It is #raining at our office, with 0.01" measured so far today! Yes, we call that liquid falling from the clouds #rain. This is our first measured rain since February 17th, and our 2nd since October 13th (0.02" since that date). Keep those rain dances going! #phwx #txwx #okwxpic.twitter.com/79KkXXfF4L
View photo ·    

Probably the last place on earth I would ever want to live. 

Probably the highest snow levels I've ever seen on this product: 12,500 ft. Warm subtropical moisture at record levels for this time of the year & for the entire year. #CAwx pic.twitter.com/BZZSsdT7q8

#Oakland has topped the Nov-to-May record for atmospheric moisture that it set just this morning. It's now a Oct-to-Jun record. pic.twitter.com/9PATYCyaVb

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Why do people leave the forums after winter ends ?

They aren't true weather weenies like the rest of us.

They are snow weenies and at that some are only foot plus snow weenies. I have friends that moved to Vegas last year and go on and on about how great it is there.  I’d be bored out of my freaking mind with the weather there. 

43 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

They'll come back if there's a significant event happening, but other than that there's nothing of interest. 

Unless god forbid we actually get a severe weather season for once.

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

They are snow weenies and at that some are only foot plus snow weenies. I have friends that moved to Vegas last year and go on and on about how great it is there.  I’d be bored out of my freaking mind with the weather there. 

Major case of weather boredom in Las Vegas. Way too much heat to really enjoy the outdoors during the warm season. If I had to live in a place with less interesting weather, it would probably be along the California Coast from north of the Bay area down to Monterey. At least that area misses out on the extreme heat. They also have very reasonable annual heating and cooling bills.

7 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

very high on the list of the reasons I moved back east after living in Los Angeles for 11 years. Sun gets boring af every day.

1 hour ago, ny10019 said:

very high on the list of the reasons I moved back east after living in Los Angeles for 11 years. Sun gets boring af every day.

Lived in northern San Diego County from Dec 82-Aug 86. Extremely boring, although I did go through one of the most intense El Niño seasons on record in 82-83. Had quite a few heavy rain events and “cold” days where daytime temps stayed in the 50s. Had frost on multiple occasions in the winters where I was (in a valley at an elevation of about 650 ft)

Brush fires made things a little exciting from time to time.

One good thing about living there though is that you save money on car washes. You can literally wipe the dust off your car for months at a time between rain events lol.

I like snow, from Dec-Feb, but I’d honestly trade it for a warmer climate with more/better thunderstorms. LI sucks when it comes to thunderstorms, and delayed spring warmth just adds insult to injury.

Places like FL, SE TX, and coastal GA/SC are better aligned with my climatic preferences.

3 hours ago, Cfa said:

I like snow, from Dec-Feb, but I’d honestly trade it for a warmer climate with more/better thunderstorms. LI sucks when it comes to thunderstorms, and delayed spring warmth just adds insult to injury.

Places like FL, SE TX, and coastal GA/SC are better aligned with my climatic preferences.

Maybe you should move there.

11 hours ago, Cfa said:

I honestly believe we're on a dangerous road in the NYC area in the next 20 years. Forget about 100

21 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Can't speak for everyone, but I think it's just that folks have more time to post during winter months. I don't post much after winter because I hate spring and during summer I'm usually pretty busy. I'll still lurk in here though.

14 hours ago, weathermedic said:

Lived in northern San Diego County from Dec 82-Aug 86. Extremely boring, although I did go through one of the most intense El Niño seasons on record in 82-83. Had quite a few heavy rain events and “cold” days where daytime temps stayed in the 50s. Had frost on multiple occasions in the winters where I was (in a valley at an elevation of about 650 ft)

Brush fires made things a little exciting from time to time.

One good thing about living there though is that you save money on car washes. You can literally wipe the dust off your car for months at a time between rain events lol.

Yup nice for months at a time in Tahoe too. Sometimes I miss that when we can't get more than a couple of days at a time here.

Hence https://www.calcarduster.com/

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived