Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring 2018 banter

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Say hello to springtime. Yes this is today 20 minutes from my house. 

I was very impressed by the amount of snow on the ground by Harriman State Park when I was up that way last week. Went there to take some pictures, but couldn't even move around the trails without being thigh deep in snow. Definitely the deepest winter I've seen in the area this late in the season.

Well for those that knew I was driving to Tennessee today, we didn’t make. Stranded off I-81 in Dublin, VA. Luckily we found a hotel with a vacancy. Must be snowing at at least 2” per hour. 81 was almost impassible once we got South of Roanoake. Have also had numerous CTG strikes.

It was 48 degrees when we crossed the state line into VA and it’s now 30. Should have taken 95 South to Raleigh and then cut over.

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Well for those that knew I was driving to Tennessee today, we didn’t make. Stranded off I-81 in Dublin, VA. Luckily we found a hotel with a vacancy. Must be snowing at at least 2” per hour. 81 was almost impassible once we got South of Roanoake. Have also had numerous CTG strikes.

It was 48 degrees when we crossed the state line into VA and it’s now 30. Should have take 95 South to Raleigh and then cut  over.

Safe travels NJ

4 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It was 48 degrees when we crossed the state line into VA and it’s now 30. Should have taken 95 South to Raleigh and then cut over.

I'm jealous yanks you should post some pix or it didn't happen haha 

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

I miss tracking winter storms

Very boring right now

There are plenty of places around the world where it's winter and there are winter storms to track. Follow them and learn about the weather in areas outside of here. I've lived in places all over this continent and felt obligated to learn about how the weather works there and it has given me a stronger appreciation for meteorology overall. 

35 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Woke up to about 12” OTG.

Hotel still has no power and parking lot and roads are still unplowed. Good thing I have 4 wheel drive.

10 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

How'd that work out when you almost got stranded in the middle of the highway? :P

Agreed, do you have a lift kit too?  Once you get some snow stuck under the axel you’re done. Let’s be careful out there. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived