Newest Member
    joxey
March 24/25 Overrunning Disturbance

wncsnow

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I don't think I have ever seen the Euro and NAM this far apart with 2 days till game time? 12z Euro has nearly a foot here and 18z NAM NOTHING? What in the world is going on here?? 

Nam is king at picking up on warm noses, I would trust it’s output over Euro especially since the GFS and RGEM look warm too. 

1 minute ago, snowlover91 said:

Nam is king at picking up on warm noses, I would trust it’s output over Euro especially since the GFS and RGEM look warm too. 

And I think you will be correct! I never believe the Euro output anyway was hoping just maybe half of it would be great........ It's gone bonkers. lol

Guys, very careful with putting much stock into the NAM. It kept jumping around like crazy with the last event. Looks like RGEM and most other models handle it very well. That HP will act as a blocker here and I think some people will be pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

3 hours ago, BIG FROSTY said:

And I think you will be correct! I never believe the Euro output anyway was hoping just maybe half of it would be great........ It's gone bonkers. lol

Never know, NAM hasn’t locked in on a solution yet and RGEM 18z run appeared a good bit further south than the nam. Let’s see what 00z runs hold. 

8 minutes ago, YetAnotherRDUGuy said:

Narrow blue line of Winter Storm Watches stretches across the Midwest. Making a beeline towards VA.

0322.JPG.20a99d3b5d925856a37cb5e6902f8d2d.JPG

Boy this sure does remind me back to 2011 when the long track derecho plowed through, basically almost same fashion as how those winter storm watches are hoisted. Appalachians never impeded the flow and never broke up the line. This imo has the makings of something special. Just enough moisture to tap.

Archived