Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,389
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3
    Joined
wncsnow

March 24/25 Overrunning Disturbance

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Buddy, you mean south and south west I think?  I am amazed at how targeted the radar is right now.  Its a firehose into the triad over to durham.  Already an overperformer here for me.

 

Yea that is what I meant lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know he is not on here, but Eric Webb nailed this one. He said the models were too warm all day and there was a good chance the snow would be farther south than RAH and the local TV mets forecasted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

I know he is not on here, but Eric Webb nailed this one. He said the models were too warm all day and there was a good chance the snow would be farther south than RAH and the local TV mets forecasted.

He nailed our big snow in January as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back home Six Forks at Millbrook. Some seriously huge wet flakes coming down at a good rate. I know with the early March system folks were saying rates would drag down cold air and heavier bands would be snowier than lighter bands, I'm new at this. Why aren't we seeing this here? i know there are more/different factors at play, curious as to what they are tho. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing 2.6" from a weather station just across the Va border north of the triad.  Now that our temps are down and rates are clearly up, I see no reason why we cant hit 2-4" across parts of the area.  Google Maps shows rapidly worsening road conditions as well.  RAH needs to think about another update soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Big time snow here in Danville!

Good for you man! We’re back to moderate here. Roads starting to get slushy. I am right on that line of drier air and somewhat heavier returns. We’ll see if anything can backbuild to include us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

Good for you man! We’re back to moderate here. Roads starting to get slushy. I am right on that line of drier air and somewhat heavier returns. We’ll see if anything can backbuild to include us.

You have had the worst luck this year ever since about Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NCsandhills said:

Back home Six Forks at Millbrook. Some seriously huge wet flakes coming down at a good rate. I know with the early March system folks were saying rates would drag down cold air and heavier bands would be snowier than lighter bands, I'm new at this. Why aren't we seeing this here? i know there are more/different factors at play, curious as to what they are tho. :)

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/850hPa/orthographic=-89.41,41.14,1968

note the inundation of gulf air, we would have a hard time fighting that off in February 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Seeing 2.6" from a weather station just across the Va border north of the triad.  Now that our temps are down and rates are clearly up, I see no reason why we cant hit 2-4" across parts of the area.  Google Maps shows rapidly worsening road conditions as well.  RAH needs to think about another update soon.

Yeah, I think the forecast is going to be too low for the Triangle, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×