Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24/25 Overrunning Disturbance

wncsnow

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the snow line wants to move south, been watching CC for a while now.. it is finally starting to make a move south.

xQTBZtP.png

Im in the southern part of the county so right now it is 100% sleet coming down.

Edit: 10:46pm latest CC pushes the SN/RN line further south. Big fat flakes starting to mix here with the sleet!! 

Just now, calculus1 said:

It's a raging sleetstorm outside at 34.1 F.  The back deck is now covered in sleet, and I can slide across it.

Snow line is coming to you! It is now all snow here on Hwy 16 South of Taylorsville. There's a live feed from Foothills weather network on Hwy 16 N and it is coming down hard! 

4 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

Rates have been terrible for a little while here.  I’m not even sure these are flurries. Hoping it picks up before we go over to rain again...

I think it’s hardly snowed since RAH upgraded us to a Winter Storm Warning.

Just raining here, with a few flakes mixed in.  That burst of snow had everything white including roads, but this rain has taken care of that.  Hoping we can see another burst of snow like we saw earlier.  And you're right... as soon as Raleigh put out the warning the snow cutoff, smh. 

15 minutes ago, Jalba said:

Snow line is coming to you! It is now all snow here on Hwy 16 South of Taylorsville. There's a live feed from Foothills weather network on Hwy 16 N and it is coming down hard! 

It's about 50/50 sleet/snow right now and coming down.

I've been watching the NCAA tournament and going back and forth to the window.  I could hear the transition before I saw it:  it got a lot quieter.

7 minutes ago, weatherheels said:

Just raining here, with a few flakes mixed in.  That burst of snow had everything white including roads, but this rain has taken care of that.  Hoping we can see another burst of snow like we saw earlier.  And you're right... as soon as Raleigh put out the warning the snow cutoff, smh. 

Radar seemingly looks better towards our west, so we’ll see what happens.  Kind of disappointing since I was satisfied with what we got, but then once RAH put out a WSW for 1-3”, I thought we could make out with some good rates for a bit.  The pavement hasn’t even gotten covered here.

Archived