Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24/25 Overrunning Disturbance

wncsnow

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

I know he is not on here, but Eric Webb nailed this one. He said the models were too warm all day and there was a good chance the snow would be farther south than RAH and the local TV mets forecasted.

He nailed our big snow in January as well

Back home Six Forks at Millbrook. Some seriously huge wet flakes coming down at a good rate. I know with the early March system folks were saying rates would drag down cold air and heavier bands would be snowier than lighter bands, I'm new at this. Why aren't we seeing this here? i know there are more/different factors at play, curious as to what they are tho. :)

Seeing 2.6" from a weather station just across the Va border north of the triad.  Now that our temps are down and rates are clearly up, I see no reason why we cant hit 2-4" across parts of the area.  Google Maps shows rapidly worsening road conditions as well.  RAH needs to think about another update soon.

5 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Big time snow here in Danville!

Good for you man! We’re back to moderate here. Roads starting to get slushy. I am right on that line of drier air and somewhat heavier returns. We’ll see if anything can backbuild to include us.

4 minutes ago, NCsandhills said:

Back home Six Forks at Millbrook. Some seriously huge wet flakes coming down at a good rate. I know with the early March system folks were saying rates would drag down cold air and heavier bands would be snowier than lighter bands, I'm new at this. Why aren't we seeing this here? i know there are more/different factors at play, curious as to what they are tho. :)

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/850hPa/orthographic=-89.41,41.14,1968

note the inundation of gulf air, we would have a hard time fighting that off in February 

2 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:

Seeing 2.6" from a weather station just across the Va border north of the triad.  Now that our temps are down and rates are clearly up, I see no reason why we cant hit 2-4" across parts of the area.  Google Maps shows rapidly worsening road conditions as well.  RAH needs to think about another update soon.

Yeah, I think the forecast is going to be too low for the Triangle, too.

8 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Good for you man! We’re back to moderate here. Roads starting to get slushy. I am right on that line of drier air and somewhat heavier returns. We’ll see if anything can backbuild to include us.

In the end, I bet we busted bad on the low side of liquid.  I bet we din't get  .4.  If we would have had the .75 to an inch models were giving us, I think we would have been fine.  Congrats to those getting the fatties!

Archived