Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24/25 Overrunning Disturbance

wncsnow

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RNK bumped me up to 1-3 tonight? It was less than an Inch.

..WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON EDT SUNDAY...

.TONIGHT...Sleet. Snow or rain this evening, then snow after
midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Near
steady temperature in the lower 30s. Light and variable winds.
Chance of precipitation near 100 percent. 
.SUNDAY...Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain or snow or sleet in the
morning, then a slight chance of rain in the afternoon. Little or
no additional snow and sleet accumulation. Highs in the lower
40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation
50 percent. 
.SUNDAY NIGHT...Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 20s. Northeast
winds around 10 mph. 

Man it is just pouring down right now. Everything but roads have a solid coating on them. Closing in on a 1/2 inch. Took a little bit longer than I thought and we used up some meaningful qpf before this but at the end of the day it is late March and we have accumulating snow. Pretty cool. Temp close to 33. 

6 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Man it is just pouring down right now. Everything but roads have a solid coating on them. Closing in on a 1/2 inch. Took a little bit longer than I thought and we used up some meaningful qpf before this but at the end of the day it is late March and we have accumulating snow. Pretty cool. Temp close to 33. 

We needed the rates that were about 40 miles south of us.  Radar does look better now but nothing epic.  Maybe .5 left in 6 hours?  

1 minute ago, nomanslandva said:

We needed the rates that were about 40 miles south of us.  Radar does look better now but nothing epic.  Maybe .5 left in 6 hours?  

If we can pull 5” out I’d be pretty happy. Meat and potatoes according to Blacksburg are from 6-11p so it’s about the best case scenario to score rates, sun going down and cashing in. Oh and instead of beer I switched to Brazilian rum hahahaha. 

18 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

You’re gonna have to wait for a couple hours. Heavier rates and the sun not having as much of an influence will def help you here shortly. 

Funny thing is it is 34 and moderate snow 7 miles west of town and a dusting lol

9 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

If we can pull 5” out I’d be pretty happy. Meat and potatoes according to Blacksburg are from 6-11p so it’s about the best case scenario to score rates, sun going down and cashing in. Oh and instead of beer I switched to Brazilian rum hahahaha. 

These are the numbers from the 18z RAP sounding 20z - 5Z  So we have a shot if things work out.  

0.07   0.08   0.08   0.03   0.05   0.05   0.07   0.05   0.05   0.02

Rum sounds good too!

1 minute ago, bigshaq00 said:

how much snow/sleet can i expect in northwest Cary near the Durham and Chatham border, The news says none yet i have never believed the news. 

Anywhere N of that 35F line seems to be the sweet spot what NWS is going with. BS, I know. 

Archived