Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 24/25 Overrunning Disturbance

wncsnow

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NicInNC said:

Currently 44 in Kernersville with very small flakes flying.

Warm BL is thin, then, I presume.

44/22 and OV at GSO as of the 11 am advisory.  Nothing here yet a few miles east of the airport.  I guess I should probably update my location since I’m not in Tallahassee today, LOL...

9 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Disc what you thinking for Salem/BBurg area? I’m kinda torn. 

Blacksburg should do fine and likely be in the 6-8"+ range easily. Salem and Roanoke is walking a fine line between moisture and temps. A slight bump north and they get into the goods. This storm might be the case where the airport reports much lower totals than the southern half of the valley. With that said, I'm guessing 4" for Roanoke (airport).. more as you go south.

24 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

44/22 and OV at GSO as of the 11 am advisory.  Nothing here yet a few miles east of the airport.  I guess I should probably update my location since I’m not in Tallahassee today, LOL...

Good to hear from u again. This is like event number 4 this March. Mostly nevelities, but well take it.

27 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

Well now the sun is trying to come out. 

4 minutes ago, WeatherHawk said:

Good call...just went back to pretty much all snow ATM, can you imagine 14+ hours of ZR/IP?  Roads in Boone look pretty good...hope so...have to be down there at 8AM tomorrow morning.  Check out the King street cam

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/king-street-boone/

Get your sled and go to the hill in front of Justice Hall.

58 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

Good to hear from u again. This is like event number 4 this March. Mostly nevelities, but well take it.

Thanks.  Good to be back, if only for a short time.  I miss snow (maybe I’ll move back to a snowier place eventually).

The reports of folks further south seeing sleet seem encouraging and the 12z NAM looks mildly interesting on a quick look, at least.  We’ll see what happens.  I’m all in because it’s not like I’m going to get another opportunity to see snow anytime soon, LOL.

1 minute ago, Brick Tamland said:

The models do not seem to be handling this well at all. Temps are too warm and showing rain because it is not at 32, but we already have reports of sleet with temps in the mid 40s. I think if we stay below 50 here there is going to be a quick change in the forecast.

Been the case for this event...none of the models really nailing it IMO.  28 here and it's solid snow...all the kids are coming to our hill...so they'll tear the house apart, but I guess that's ok...gonna watch the snow, some basketball (everyone's brackets are busted) and hopefully we can all avoid any kind of major IP/ZR event.  

Archived