SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 24/25 Overrunning Disturbance

wncsnow

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually tend to downplay surface temps as an issue (it seems these usually take care of themselves given enough rates and mid-level warm noses more often kill us), but this is late March, so it’s a pretty valid concern.

Regardless, you’d think roads should mostly be okay given the time of year/sun angle and how warm it’s been.

Still hoping to see some snow here in Greensboro since I never get to see snow anymore, but my hope is waning.

The sun is at the same angle it is late first week of September,peak of hurricane season. Chew on that.

It's all about the clouds showing up at daybreak and locking in. You get milky clouds and the BL like Webb said is gonna torch up into the 40s, to high to recover from in my opinion. All that sun needs is about 90 to 120 minutes in the morning and it will put the nail in the coffin for this event.

13 minutes ago, kvegas-wx said:
Enjoy your sunny saturday morning and watch your chances for snow go poof!  Its March, its the south, and its all about timing.  We're gonna lose this battle in NC.

Yep if it’s sunny it’s on to golf! Which is fine to me!! Lol
BTW- I thought we wasn’t going to to worry about temps to much with this historic HP? Wow I’ve wasted a lot of time on this stupid storm. Oh well !!

I'm sitting at 35/22 and the storm is delayed! lol

RGEM trending back north and NAM trending South with QPF, hard to tell  what will happen.  Virga breaking out to my southwest so maybe we can at least lock in the cold. 30/19 now.   HRRR looks north of other stuff with QPF but pretty warm too.  Tight gradient right through rke county so hoping I am not watching all the good bands just to my SW all evening.  Sick/cold, so nothing better to do but watch radar and models today.

1 hour ago, nomanslandva said:

RGEM trending back north and NAM trending South with QPF, hard to tell  what will happen.  Virga breaking out to my southwest so maybe we can at least lock in the cold. 30/19 now.   HRRR looks north of other stuff with QPF but pretty warm too.  Tight gradient right through rke county so hoping I am not watching all the good bands just to my SW all evening.  Sick/cold, so nothing better to do but watch radar and models today.

HRRR always runs warm my man. Don’t use it for temp purposes. I see everyone has lost their sh*t here lol. I’m sure thermals will be a little better than what some of the models show. 

I will say though the HRRR looks great for qpf and precip in our parts. I see some of the models trended a little further north overnight with the heavier qpf, so that should make us personally feel a little better up this way to achieve some of the totals we’ve seen the last couple days. Radar looks to have the precip building on the north side of the heavier echoes so clouds should be getting in here fast. I am at 28 right now. I feel good about this one for us.

1 hour ago, nomanslandva said:

That’s also why I said the other day don’t trust the Nam in its entirety. It’s been so jumpy at least the second half of winter with qpf maximums when a winter storm is basically upon us. It also sucked a** last night with thermals and expected lows. Was off several degrees. I’ll cheer to you later with a beer in my hand watching it pour down ;) 

Archived