• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2018 Banter and Complaint Office

IWXwx

We have a relatively hard area to forecast - the lake has quite the influence on weather. Can’t believe it’s been that long since a tornado watch here. Wonder if that trend will continue for this spring and summer as well. 

I know one thing for sure - we have had A LOT more thunderstorms thus far in 2018 than in 16 and 17 combined. 

Using this forum to vent as my wife is tired of my complaining - but it feels like clockwork IMBY that the weekdays are primarliy sunny and warm. Then the weekend arrives and we get cooler temps, clouds, rain, etc. ☹️ 

• Like 2

What is this cold liquidy substance falling from the sky?  I think it's an alien invasion or its been so long I can't remember!  The whishy washy front is right over us.  I was 2 miles to my south at friends and his thermometer said it was 74 degrees.  Drove home 2 miles north not 5minutes later and it was 61.  You could tell the marked difference in the air mass, dews, temps etc.  Pretty freaky.  Only in the Midwest lol.

1 hour ago, btcs31 said:

Using this forum to vent as my wife is tired of my complaining - but it feels like clockwork IMBY that the weekdays are primarliy sunny and warm. Then the weekend arrives and we get cooler temps, clouds, rain, etc. ☹️ 

Been the curse all Spring if Spring is what you want to call it lol.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:38 AM, Harry Perry said:

I’m pretty sure the storm you’re talking about is the same storm I remember as well. I just looked it up a couple of months ago.

IIRC, I had to be on my computer to pull the data and radar images/loop from IEM (Iowa Environmental Mesonet Archive), my phone couldn’t do it. 

Did you find the date from summer 2003 on your computer?

Started the day out nice, warmed up to 66 so I hopped on my quad and went for a ride.  30 minutes in, the temp fell 20 degrees and started raining, with me in short sleeves.  By the time I got home I could barely walk from shivering.  Down to 38 with a wind chill of 30.  Warming up by another mid-May evening fire.

Gotta love the UP....

• Like 2

I'll be glad when Alberto is long gone and we can get into more of a traditional weather pattern for June.  Tropical remnants are fun for those who may be impacted by them, but otherwise it just constipates the weather pattern for the rest of us.  The traditional spring chase season was a trash heap, so hopefully the summer derecho season doesn't disappoint as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

One surprise is Chicago having a max temp of 97 compared to 96 for St. Louis. I'd have to think St. Louis might end up winning by the time summer ends.

Most likely.  I believe that St. Louis averages about three 100° a year.

Lol at the fog rolling in at Wrigley. Man I'm glad that I don't live near the Lake.

I had tickets for this game, but decided to sell them and go in early July. Looks like that was a good decision.

Alek better not let his dog off of its leash. He'll never see it again.

1 hour ago, IWXwx said:

Lol at the fog rolling in at Wrigley. Man I'm glad that I don't live near the Lake.

I had tickets for this game, but decided to sell them and go in early July. Looks like that was a good decision.

Will the dog post here before him?  :bag:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Yours truly was in attendance. It wasn’t the best conditions for sure, and the result obviously. Still had fun though. Alas, you should have gone...I would’ve bought you a $9.75 beer. :D

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

Yours truly was in attendance. It wasn’t the best conditions for sure, and the result obviously. Still had fun though. Alas, you should have gone...I would’ve bought you a $9.75 beer. :D

Yeah, it looked like an April game. They did not look like the Cubs that I know. That dude had them flailing at the plate.

My wife is not a baseball fan but said that she would go if I bought a souvenir and a beer, so Ive been saving for quite awhile. The next time we go to the same game, I'll take you up on that offer. :P We decided to go on July 6th against the Reds.