Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring/Summer 2018 Banter and Complaint Office

IWXwx

3 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Same old same old, dry and cold for southern Wisconsin. Any weather of consequence misses us to the east/south (this past weekend's snow, tomorrow's severe) or north (tonight/tomorrow's snow).

#AprilFail

#Fapril (February in April)

In the same boat here.  I'd say the 8th-10th is the last best chance for snow of consequence, as the pattern probably moderates after that and of course climo becomes more unfavorable.  

• Like 1

As much as I hate all things winter and frozen precipitation, I do have to admit that after a four + inch of plaster snow, when the winds stay calm, things look very pretty.

I feels so dirty just saying that I need to take a shower now.

• Haha 3

For those of you not liking the current weather pattern this is what GRR had to say today.

The first week of April (1st through 7th) is very likely to end up
colder than normal.  Curiously, over the past 30 years the first
week of April was colder than the NCEI normals nearly twice as
frequently as it was warmer than those normals. So, this should be
no surprise. If fact, in the past 10 years only 2008 and 2012 were
warmer than normal during the first week of April.

5 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

For those of you not liking the current weather pattern this is what GRR had to say today.

The first week of April (1st through 7th) is very likely to end up
colder than normal.  Curiously, over the past 30 years the first
week of April was colder than the NCEI normals nearly twice as
frequently as it was warmer than those normals. So, this should be
no surprise. If fact, in the past 10 years only 2008 and 2012 were
warmer than normal during the first week of April.

Interesting... considering yesterday was the coldest Easter we’ve had within the last decade. Last year and 2016 were both 70° on Easter. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Well one positive thought about this never-ending winter of 2018, looks like we'll be hacking off about a month of the mowing season.  Maybe we'll get lucky and also skip over the ghastly dandelion season as well.  

I'm hoping the honeysuckle aphid season will be less destructive.  They show up when it warms consistently and the honeysuckle vine leafs out, then vanish when it gets hot in June.  A shortened spring should help.

It's funny how almost everyone, besides us in Toronto and Chicago has gotten some type of snow event (>2") since March until now while we haven't gotten crap. Just endless cool weather with nothing to show for it. Pathetic. Now tomorrow nights event is slowly becoming a nuisance on some new guidance, as is next weeks event. I am debating now as to whether there is a snow-dome over Toronto or not. Consider that a new conspiracy :lol:. What a lame garbage winter and spring and I think I have every right to say that now as it isn't just a complaint no more. Smh!! 

12 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

It's funny how almost everyone, besides us in Toronto and Chicago has gotten some type of snow event (>2") since March until now while we haven't gotten crap. Just endless cool weather with nothing to show for it. Pathetic. Now tomorrow nights event is slowly becoming a nuisance on some new guidance, as is next weeks event. I am debating now as to whether there is a snow-dome over Toronto or not. Consider that a new conspiracy :lol:. What a lame garbage winter and spring and I think I have every right to say that now as it isn't just a complaint no more. Smh!! 

Yeah, tomorrow night was looking good for the longest while and now it's evaporating. We just keep rolling snake eyes over and over again.

4 hours ago, GreenBo said:

We had a week like this in April 2011. I think it snowed on 22nd?

I remember that, though we had several bouts of warmth through the month as well - but just as much cold... but not this cold lol. 

April 2011 was interesting, we had 30’s and 40’s for a few days, then 70’s and 80’s for a couple days, then back to the 40’s for a week - then by the end of the month, we locked into the 70’s - right after a bout of 30’s and 40’s for highs. 

I really hope that we start getting some signal of a warm up in the long range - but as of now there’s not much hope. (Thanks again, Greenland Block).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Yeah, tomorrow night was looking good for the longest while and now it's evaporating. We just keep rolling snake eyes over and over again.

Name a place with a worser climo than us. It's funny cause I watch the east coast storms pretty closely sometimes and unlike in our area where things fall apart as we get closer, things get better as the storm gets closer for them. Just miserable if you're a weather enthusiast. We can't get nothing to work in our favor. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

Name a place with a worser climo than us. It's funny cause I watch the east coast storms pretty closely sometimes and unlike in our area where things fall apart as we get closer, things get better as the storm gets closer for them. Just miserable if you're a weather enthusiast. We can't get nothing to work in our favor. 

They do get some massive close-in busts though.  I remember a storm a few years ago when the Euro had like 3 feet of snow for NYC a day or two before and I think it went east.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

It just amazes me that it can be this cold with a sun angle equivalent to the first week of September.

Check out the difference in soil temps for September, then for April. Might be an eye-opener.

5 hours ago, Hoosier said:

They do get some massive close-in busts though.  I remember a storm a few years ago when the Euro had like 3 feet of snow for NYC a day or two before and I think it went east.

Jan 2015

Euro and Nam had 2-3 feet and NYC got 10 inches.

We made it up in Jan 2016 when we got 30 inches of snow with Jonas.

13 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Jan 2015

Euro and Nam had 2-3 feet and NYC got 10 inches.

We made it up in Jan 2016 when we got 30 inches of snow with Jonas.

That's funny. But imagine going from 6-10"+ to literally nothing within 24 hours of the storm. And now imagine it constantly, storm after storm. Once you picture that you'll know what I mean by my "compliant" when it comes to storms here in Toronto. We obviously don't see big storms like the east coast but we see more frequent snowfalls, but that has since turned to dust. And it's extremely frustrating as a weather and snow enthusiast. 

• Like 1