Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snow bomb obs March 21

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Although since I implemented the snow board I am averaging about 1-2" more on the board than my usual measuring techniques. Inexact science.

Yeah. I kind of screwed myself about 4 inches of so this year due to the timing of the storms and me not being able to utilize the board like I have done in the past.  I pride myself on taking good measurements, but this was not a great season for me doing it.

Sometimes you get the bear some times the bare gets you  -  

And so as each storm has it's charm .. this guy's idiosyncrasies were a distraction for some and euphoria for others.  

Be that as it may, 1.5" when I left the house an hour ago in S at 3/4 mi vis...  So not a 0 -order bust. 

It was also 32 F on the button the whole way into the office, over roads that very rarely featured much more than water or clear slush.  In other words, visibility and ninny over-cautious drivers were the only source of inconvenience.  You get this nitwit that drives unnecessarily slow as a perfunctory 'snow in the air ' protocol, in the left lane ... and that actually can present a problem for other reasons. 

Anyway ... so these bands rotating in will die a slow death this morning into early afternoon ... perhaps good for 1-3" additional?  Kind of a 'save by the bell' ending to this event, considering how things looked ... and the heavy pal of morose mood that permeated this community of enthusiasts last evening. Lots of bust towels being waved ... but, standing in line at the register down in the caff and the attitudes from hoi polloi wasn't so discrediting.  One person even said, " ... Well, we can't say we didn't know it was coming..." .. Granted, these outer deform vestige bands are saving the day. They may not result in the 10 to 14"  .. but in the words of the great Fernando, "It's better to look good, than to feel good"

16 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I'm calling it 3" as it is trying to wind down, still sn- but I don't think it will amount to much. Gets me to 60" on the season. Pretty lame in comparison to surrounding areas but still decently above average.

Nice so happy no big deal at home

Conditions here at Sunday River are off the hook. Go go go

Archived