• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    crossbowftw3
    Newest Member
    crossbowftw3

March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

1 minute ago, purduewx80 said:

just got back in. up to 6.9" here at 00Z. funny about the poor snow growth in some areas - literally been giant aggregates and dendrites in bk 98% of the day. 

The snow is much drier now than earlier

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dmillz25 said:

The snow is also lighter/drier overall then the storm we had earlier in the month. Power outages look minimal at the moment at least for PSE&G customers in NJ.

• Like 1

NYC schools should be closed tomorrow

No reason to close today. If anything, they could of had an early dismissal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

there was a period before 10 where it was blowing quite a bit, got wetter, but yeah, definitely dry now. 

This is easily one of my favorite march snowstorms I've witnessed. It may have piled up better had it been January or February but this is a lot of fun for so late in March. 

• Like 1

Roads are finally starting to get snow on them. Hell I may even see my first inch soon! Congrats to those in the nyc area though radar looks great for ya all

1 minute ago, cjr231 said:

Snow has also gotten much more wet and the braches on the trees here look to be struggling some. 

Tree branches here are sagging already. There’ll definitely be some power outages soon with these rates. 

Site's back up I guess.  So I had 2.5" as of 1 pm and as of 7 pm we had 7.50" for 3/4" in the last hour. Has been pretty awesome. 31F. Radar still looks great - not quite as heavy as it was, though. So, then went out for a drive. Wanted to see what the roads were like. Local roads were a mess with 3-5" of snow on them. County and State roads like 27, 531, 535, etc. were snow covered but ok. Route 1 was in decent shape as it had been plowed and salted well - just the shoulders and ramps were slushy/snowy - same thing for 287, although going more than 50 mph wasn't wise as there were slushy spots.

24 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

You never would have known this was march snow. Crazy. Light snow earlier sticking to roads in Central Jersey. Looks like January February type snow easily. Where are those sun angle people now lol?

Weird. I had light to moderate snow all day, and it didn't start sticking to roads until 4pm. The sun angle was a huge factor here. Everyone talking about how schools should have been open with the wet roads all day.

Snow growth has improved drastically in the past 1 hr. 1.5 in/ hr rates in Hunterdon County.

• Like 1

Still pretty light here in Whitestone, flakes have gotten noticeably smaller in the last hour and accumulating a bit on the roads now that the sun is no longer a factor. Eager anticipating the heavy stuff that you south shore folks are receiving.

3 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

6.7” Central Park 

We have a weaker area of echoes pushing down now.  Probably only 1-2 mile VIS or so.  Funny how they record .17 from 5.0 and now have 6.7.  I swear sometimes they are just converting the liquid 

Congrats guys! Im glad you guys are doing well down there. I know metfan was in the process of having a nervous breakdown after the last 3 events this month so this should bring him off the ledge

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Heavy snow now in SW Suffolk with visibility of 1/4 mile or less. Looks like a winter wonderland out there. May be the longest it ever took me to get to heavy snow if you count the mixed precip yesterday.