Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

heading out to measure and take pics over at prospect. ref: @Snow88's 500mb closing off - the 200 image WV loop from COD is a thing of beauty (link is high bandwidth). you can see that jet streak and dry punch @NJwx85 and i were talking about rounding the bend - which is when the dynamics took off later in the day. that's an impressive squall line out over the middle of the atlantic this morning, as well!

Measured 13” here

43 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

heading out to measure and take pics over at prospect. ref: @Snow88's 500mb closing off - the 200 image WV loop from COD is a thing of beauty (link is high bandwidth). you can see that jet streak and dry punch @NJwx85 and i were talking about rounding the bend - which is when the dynamics took off later in the day. that's an impressive squall line out over the middle of the atlantic this morning, as well!

Incredible storm, 8-12” was a good forecast for out this way, but areas just to my SE barely had half that. My snow forecast busted horribly with this one. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

9 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

A Whopping 5.0" in Garwood NJ and about 6.5" in the Tremley Pt. section of Linden NJ. 

...Union County...
   Roselle               11.8   457 AM  3/22  Trained Spotter        
   Roselle Park           8.2  1030 PM  3/21  Public                 
   Newark Airport         7.9   100 AM  3/22  FAA Observer           
   Cranford               6.1  1045 PM  3/21  Trained Spotter        
   Union                  5.5  1130 PM  3/21  Public                 

If refrigerated snow boards are legal, I still would have a tough time believing the Roselle measurement.  However, it was taken by a trained spotter, so it must be legit. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived