Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

36 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Just saw on Upton's Twitter feed that 

Islip received 14 inches of snow in 4 hours

Wow

I don't ever remember anything like that when I was younger. That's like sustained torrential downpours you get in a t storm. I had gone to bed and the snow crashing into the back porch ( snow doesn't stay on solar panels ) awakened me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SRRTA22 said:

...Hudson County...
   Kearny                 9.1  1000 PM  3/21  Public                  
   Hoboken                8.5  1240 AM  3/22  Trained Spotter         
   Harrison               7.5   830 PM  3/21  Co-Op Observer          
   Jersey City            6.7   904 PM  3/21  Trained Spotter         

Cpks' spotter was apparently in JC today...

I spent the night on my boat at Liberty Landing Marina and I assure you we have more than that. 

12 hours ago, Cfa said:

Eyeballing about an inch here, 12”+ is a pipe dream. Snowing moderately, but I’ve been above freezing for the duration of this event.

Temp has fallen to 32.2° now.

I’m a total jinx, first it was the 80’s in February which I said were a question of when, not if, just two weeks prior, and now I’m literally buried in well over a foot of snow after posting this just 12 hours ago....

I haven’t seen snow accumulate as quickly as it did last night since that Christmas Eve squall in 2013 dropped close to 5 inches in under an hour.

Lesson of the day: Suffolk will always find a way to jackpot, at least until the area begins suffering like DC.

8 minutes ago, 495weatherguy said:

Unbelievable turn of events from Wednesday morning. 

Never would have believed that I would have about 18+ inches on the ground on Thursday morning!

Snow was heavy and sustained over night. Still accumulating at 630 am!

This storm was forecasted to get worse as the day went on. There were alot of people calling it  a bust in the NYC area too early yesterday.

I went with 8-12 for the NYC area and it looks like that's what occured.

The storm was a classic storm with the 500mb low closing off and crawling

heading out to measure and take pics over at prospect. ref: @Snow88's 500mb closing off - the 200 image WV loop from COD is a thing of beauty (link is high bandwidth). you can see that jet streak and dry punch @NJwx85 and i were talking about rounding the bend - which is when the dynamics took off later in the day. that's an impressive squall line out over the middle of the atlantic this morning, as well!

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived