Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

We made double digits!  As of 10 pm we have 10.0" on the ground.  Nice!  Still 31F.  If those 25-30 DBZ bands rotating in from the NE can hold together for 2-3 more hours, we might just make 12".  I think 11" is almost a given.  With some of the numbers we're seeing all over the place being 10" or more (or will be) we may owe the NWS some apologies.  I'll admit I was skeptical of getting to 8" let alone 10 or 11". 

Wow. I'm not too far from you, and only 6.5". Nothing but light snow for the last several hours. What a difference a few miles can make. I'm just a few miles too far to the north and west.

7 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

I didn't see if it was posted

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM THURSDAY MORNING/...
Impressive snow band with snowfall rates of up to around 5
inches per hour is currently across Long Island.Another band
extends through some of the CT zones, so will leave Winter Storm
Warnings unchanged at this point. Banding is associated with a
deformation zone and is aligned just west of a trough extending
north from a 700 mb low center located east of the Del-Mar-Va
peninsula. Expecting the bands to linger mainly east of the
city for the next few hours as the 700mb low shifts ENE.
Thinking most rates within these bands will be in the order of
2-3 inches per hour.

-OKX

Wow.

Gotta call it a night, delayed opening tomorrow. Am satisfied with the storm, not so much with the hype. Many outlets predicted 6-12, less than what was expected by NWS, but not by much. Was not as widespread as predicted and also took forever to get going, but for many of us still a very good storm. Time to turn attention to spring cleaning, gardening and fishing season. For some of you, baseball ( and I will never get the attraction there, but it's harmless enough ) season awaits. In the end, despite a number of disappointing storms IMBY, will finish season above average, close to 40 ( don't hold me to that ). Can't really complain about that. 

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

98382C73-5D71-4650-B54C-97AD5BF846A3.thumb.jpeg.c0f5b5af1847cfb67c4c45a3ca056d60.jpeg

Started a time lapse at the beginning of the storm. Hope it comes out well. I’ve cleared the top of the box 3 times since starting it because of the sag lol

That is dedication. Is that you in the photo? :) You look a lot like a washed up British actor ( whom we all fondly remember from his best role, The Man Who Would Be King, one John Houston's best....)

19 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

The writing has been on the wall for a LI JP since last night. Not surprised. Jersey shore did well too.

It's not just LI.  People throughout the City are reporting over 10 inches, some over a foot, though you seem to glance over those.  In Hoboken, we had over 7 inches about three hours ago, and it's been snowing heavily ever since, with several hours of snow left to go.  Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure you had much of LI in your screw zone last night, but frankly I'm too lazy to go back and find the post.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived