Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Site's back up I guess.  So I had 2.5" as of 1 pm and as of 7 pm we had 7.50" for 3/4" in the last hour. Has been pretty awesome. 31F. Radar still looks great - not quite as heavy as it was, though. So, then went out for a drive. Wanted to see what the roads were like. Local roads were a mess with 3-5" of snow on them. County and State roads like 27, 531, 535, etc. were snow covered but ok. Route 1 was in decent shape as it had been plowed and salted well - just the shoulders and ramps were slushy/snowy - same thing for 287, although going more than 50 mph wasn't wise as there were slushy spots.

We made double digits!  As of 10 pm we have 10.0" on the ground.  Nice!  Still 31F.  If those 25-30 DBZ bands rotating in from the NE can hold together for 2-3 more hours, we might just make 12".  I think 11" is almost a given.  With some of the numbers we're seeing all over the place being 10" or more (or will be) we may owe the NWS some apologies.  I'll admit I was skeptical of getting to 8" let alone 10 or 11". 

It's been snowing pretty heavily in Hoboken for a while now.  The official total as of 8:45 was 7.3 inches here, but I suspect we are significantly higher than that after two hours of pretty heavy snow.  Not 4"/hr heavy, but heavy nonetheless.  If this thing continues to crawl along, it's possible we can get several more hours out of this.

12 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

We made double digits!  As of 10 pm we have 10.0" on the ground.  Nice!  Still 31F.  If those 25-30 DBZ bands rotating in from the NE can hold together for 2-3 more hours, we might just make 12".  I think 11" is almost a given.  With some of the numbers we're seeing all over the place being 10" or more (or will be) we may owe the NWS some apologies.  I'll admit I was skeptical of getting to 8" let alone 10 or 11". 

This looks like our storm, but a number of places that expected 8-12 or more got close to nothing to our north ( if reports are to be believed), and for some reason a portion of WNJ did really well. Some of them are getting smoked right now from reports.

1 minute ago, Snowman86 said:

Might be over before it ever started. Im in the same boat most of today.

same here i have no idea whats going on the news channels said heaviest snow is going to move in during the evening but i have seen nothing but flurries and light snow

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

This looks like our storm, but a number of places that expected 8-12 or more got close to nothing to our north ( if reports are to be believed), and for some reason a portion of WNJ did really well. Some of them are getting smoked right now from reports.

They cash in time and again because of orthographic lift. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived