Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Even I'll claim around 6" in Glendale. I called for around 7" for the City. Probably be an inch or two low. The 4" or so this morning really saved it. Wasn't much at all between 12 and 4:30.

i think double digits for the city is almost a guarantee now it's snowing harder the sun is setting...soon

6 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

I don't understand all the "this is a waste of a snowday for schools" comments. I'll guarantee you that on march 21st this will be the last day of the school year that schools will be cancelled baring some widespread power outage. There will be no more "snow days". If they have one available they might as well have used it which it looks like most did

Do you live under a rock? Most schools have already used up all snow days and already tacked on 2-3 extra days. This one took a day from spring break next week. Which is a big controversy because it's less than a week away and some people already made plans to go away. If enough students don't show up, the day doesn't count as a full day and will need to be made up on top of that.

14 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

This site today was just.... Yeah, I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, about 4 inches in Whitestone maybe a bit more and snowing light to occasionally moderate with big flakes but these rates aren't going to get it done. Roads are wet for the most part.

Going to need that stuff from the ocean to really mean business to verify on the low end of Upton's totals. I'm a bit skeptical but we'll see.

I am an official spotter in Whitestone and I measured 5.1” 20 mins ago. Would upload proof but site won’t let me.

This probably won’t end up a massive public forecasting bust but in other sectors of inportance for some clients it is.  Aviation clients in particular depend more on intensity.  So in essence the airports may get the forecast amounts but because it was light all day most flights probably could have operated and instead most carriers axed their entire schedule or close to it.  

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Coming down harder, I’d say now it’s moderate. Street is very slick and snow covered finally. Should be some good times overnight with the heavy echos developing offshore. 

Whats your overall accumulation in LB? I got next to nothing in Oceanside. I could swear we had an inch in RVC when I left work at 12.

Although it is sticking on the street now.

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This probably won’t end up a massive public forecasting bust but in other sectors of inportance for some clients it is.  Aviation clients in particular depend more on intensity.  So in essence the airports may get the forecast amounts but because it was light all day most flights probably could have operated and instead most carriers axed their entire schedule or close to it.  

But this was always forecast as a long-duration event with moderate rates given the slow-moving, deep ULL to our South. So it isn't a surprise to me at all that Central Park may get 10" in 20 hours rather than 8" in 3 hours...

3 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

your in the wrong borough  staten island manhattan queens brooklyn will get the most snow this time not the bronx..

Snowing pretty good now here in Brooklyn and sticking

The bands coming in from the ocean look great for central NJ and NYC ( 5 boroughs )

7 minutes ago, ag3 said:

I am an official spotter in Whitestone and I measured 5.1” 20 mins ago. Would upload proof but site won’t let me.

Oh, I believe you. By me it's a bit north of 4 but I wouldn't doubt that other parts of Whitestone are a bit higher.  

Started lightening up again.  I hope it picks up in the next hour when I take my dog out, I promised him big fun in big snow.

8 minutes ago, ZeeTwentyFour said:

Whats your overall accumulation in LB? I got next to nothing in Oceanside. I could swear we had an inch in RVC when I left work at 12.

Although it is sticking on the street now.

On the grass there’s a couple of inches. Paved surfaces are all accumulating now. 

11 minutes ago, nycwinter said:

your in the wrong borough  staten island manhattan queens brooklyn will get the most snow this time not the bronx..

I think that’s completely false. I got more snow than in Central Park I just got back from there. You’ve got to understand that it always snows more in the Bronx, always!

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived