Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, christhesnowman said:

Bust for 95% of sub forum.  Everyone was hyping foot plus it doesn’t appear there will be one location in NJ or the greater Ny area touching 10 inches 

I think there will be some 10 inch amounts, but the NWS 12 to 18 forecast went way overboard. It looks as if 6 to 10 was a good call.

6 minutes ago, christhesnowman said:

Bust for 95% of sub forum.  Everyone was hyping foot plus it doesn’t appear there will be one location in NJ or the greater Ny area touching 10 inches 

Radar would argue against this post as would Surface and Upper Air Observations. Give it time . 

12 minutes ago, christhesnowman said:

90% of the population lives in the NYC boroughs and it’s far from a bust here. Already 4”-7” widespread.

Well ewr was at 5.5” at 4:30 i believe. I’m In jersey city and I’m over 6”...posters in Manhattan reporting the same

5 minutes ago, ag3 said:

90% of the population lives in the NYC boroughs and it’s far from a bust here. Already 4”-7” widespread.

I would say bust in a different way. There was no reason to cancel school anywhere in NY/NJ. At most, early dismissal if it's an option. Roads were fine and mostly just wet until close to 4pm

7 minutes ago, cjr231 said:

New Dorp

Assuming you are doing similarly well over in Travis? Seems the band we have overhead stretches from Hoboken through Newark and into Middlesex County. 

I'm now living near the manor rd post office so my snow measurements are from here, but my weather station is still at my childhood home in Travis (My sister lives there now). And yes doing well here also.

2 minutes ago, Poker2015 said:

I would say bust in a different way. There was no reason to cancel school anywhere in NY/NJ. At most, early dismissal if it's an option. Roads were fine and mostly just wet until close to 4pm

Agreed, it's already a bust in the eyes of many. Kids should have went to school today, waste of a snowday. The snow had a hard time accumulating to pavement here, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't much better down at the coast.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived