Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, USCG RS said:

Lighting reported in the vicinity of Cape May as well as thundersnow. 

I saw a report of thunder snow in LBI.  This new low pressure center must really be cranking.  If the banding sets up a bit more NW than the HRRR and RGEM have it modeled currently, the NYC/Hoboken area could get into it.  As is, we're not doing too badly.

5 minutes ago, NYCGreg said:

I saw a report of thunder snow in LBI.  This new low pressure center must really be cranking.  If the banding sets up a bit more NW than the HRRR and RGEM have it modeled currently, the NYC/Hoboken area could get into it.  As is, we're not doing too badly.

Modeled Lapse rates hinted at thunder especially just offshore.

19 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

I have around 3 inches here in Sheepshead Bay

I just left my job in brownsville and they have close to 5 Inches

What a little elevation can do

How much of a difference in elevation could that be? Brooklyn is not hilly unless you go North from Empire Blvd and even that is negligible.

I think it's more that Brownsville is NE of Sheepshead Bay and also more away from the coast.

9 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

Nothing here. In a snow hole. Ground is hardly white.  Starting to think sw ct is a bust zone rather than a Jackzone like the models showed 

The banding has been very small I'm terms of coverage. Just under 3 here in Westport. Precip intensity out side of the initial band has been spotty at best. Meh...

Screenshot_20180321-173044.png

5 minutes ago, sferic said:

How much of a difference in elevation could that be? Brooklyn is not hilly unless you go North from Empire Blvd and even that is negligible.

I think it's more that Brownsville is NE of Sheepshead Bay and also more away from the coast.

Northwest of sheepshead bay

Agree with you about being away from the water.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived