Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

NYC might see close to a foot out of this.  It would have to be the most mundane one foot snowstorm ever.  I’m not sure there has ever been an event like that where at some point they didn’t snow around 2-3 inches per hour 

This was always billed as a longer-duration, cold event with the slow rotation of that deep upper low. The radar looks good to the southeast near ACY, too, that 10.8" post 3/20 record might be in play.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WintersGrasp said:

Been on the northern edge of the heavier band for the last couple hours. About 4” on the ground, Essex county

. Pro

Haven't really had anything heavier than 1"/hour though...I can't see any way the 12-18" verifies. Unless the snow bands really explode in the next few hours, this should be more like a 6-10" storm with 12-14" lollipops maybe somewhere in CT, which is an awesome storm anyway

17 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

NYC might see close to a foot out of this.  It would have to be the most mundane one foot snowstorm ever.  I’m not sure there has ever been an event like that where at some point they didn’t snow around 2-3 inches per hour 

So true. I've seen snow like this in January that barely accumulates and yet somehow we're approaching 6 inches. It's so strange. 

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Central Park seems low.  They had 4.6 as of 2pm.  It’s not been a blizzard by any stretch since then but the LE has been around .14 so no idea how only 0.4 more fell 

Exactly.  There they go again.  There is no way they picked up less than an inch of snow in two and a half hours.  I live in Hoboken, and we've had pretty decent rates that entire time.  Again, that is the underreporting for which they are famous.  I assume in the next few hours they'll pick up and inch or two of snow and their final snow total will be eight inches.

6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Central Park 5.0, Newark 5.5, LaGuardia 4.2, JFK 2.6 as of 430

Just left Central Park at 4.15PM, snow depth 5-6", very wet snow, there had been a period of snizzle ending at 4PM which helped pack things down.

Snow is still falling steadily here in Manhattan, so double digits are reasonably likely if this continues through the night as forecast by WU.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived