Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Mitchel Volk said:

Moderate to heavy snow with quarter size flakes here at Beaver St NYC.  The sky is pretty bright.

It's kind of amazing. For the long stretches where we have been at 1/4 mile viz, the sky has the brightness like it is about to rapidly clear.

Just scooped some snow on my terrace and it is an amazing fluffy consistency. Perfect to make snowman. Mod-heavy again.

We have roughly 12 more hours of this storm to go. 3 more hours or so of the sunlight making a big difference. Give it time now that the storm is beginning to crank. Even an inch an hour will boost accumulations but I expect times to be heavier than that. 

2 hours ago, Ericjcrash said:

It's high noon and late March, rates aren't good, I'm certainly not surprised... maybe a couple more inches IMO. The morning stuff saved the storm.

16 minutes ago, seanick said:

We have roughly 12 more hours of this storm to go. 3 more hours or so of the sunlight making a big difference. Give it time now that the storm is beginning to crank. Even an inch an hour will boost accumulations but I expect times to be heavier than that. 

Even the juiced HRRR has ~.5 QPF remaining and it keeps sliding things east. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived