Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20th-22nd Not So Suppressed Storm Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mophstymeo said:

Transitioned to very light snow about 10 minutes ago.

Where are you located? I’m sleet here in Seaford. Looking to see if that transition line will make its way out. 

Actually- anyone have a good duopol radar link?

3 minutes ago, tdp146 said:

Where are you located? I’m sleet here in Seaford. Looking to see if that transition line will make its way out. 

Actually- anyone have a good duopol radar link?

West Hempstead. But I was wrong. I just went outside to get something from my car, and I realized it is still sleeting. The sleet-snow mix is probably 50:50 at this point, but the flakes are getting bigger.

8 minutes ago, Mophstymeo said:

West Hempstead. But I was wrong. I just went outside to get something from my car, and I realized it is still sleeting. The sleet-snow mix is probably 50:50 at this point, but the flakes are getting bigger.

7 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Thanks.

Ripping sleet there. you can see the heavy echo in south east nassau. Although, some flakes mixing in now as well. My sleet 'base' is well established so when/if we transition to all snow, its going to stick to all surfaces. 

Just now, Dino said:

Sticking to roads in Long Island City by Queensborough Bridge. Moderate snow. Going to office in NoHo to check on things. If I leave at 5pm from NoHo do you guys think the Subway will still be running (first winter in NYC)

Does your line go above ground? Those start to have trouble.

1 minute ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Down to 31 here with a light sleet / snow mix that has been more sleet than snow, but is about 50 -50 now.  We've been under a hole in the radar and I am waiting to see if we flip to snow when the hole fills in.

You should. It’s now pretty much all snow here in northeast Nassau. Been that way for past 45 min or so. 

7 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

The band is just dumping on the area right now and slowly moving.

Let me guess.....I'm just to the west of NYC/SI....the best banding looks to be east now? Just came in from a walk. Snowing nicely out, but probably 3/4 in after 2 hours. Rates just ok, not great. Mall is open, walkers were there as well as tradesmen. They are trying to decide on whether to close.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived