SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20-21 Short Range Model Analysis

Bob Chill

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z NAM suite seems to be removing any concerns raised by the 18z GFS.     The only thing I don't like is that they continue to show us losing some initial heavier precip late tonight to sleet, but a quick inspection of the soundings shows that the offending level is just barely above 0C, so it wouldn't take much to have those profiles be all snow.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

I'm perfectly fine with 6-8".  Remember, my upside was 4" before.   If you bought into 12" in the urban areas, that's on you.

Yeah... I'm not worried...  Just one question... Which direction was the panic room again?

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

00z NAM suite seems to be removing any concerns raised by the 18z GFS.     The only thing I don't like is that they continue to show us losing some initial heavier precip late tonight to sleet, but a quick inspection of the soundings shows that the offending level is just barely above 0C, so it wouldn't take much to have those profiles be all snow.

Is the reduction in qpf early on not as concerning  in your opinion? Didn’t gfs do same, current run?

2 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

Um, 12z Wednesday is 8 a.m. Eastern.

Thank you for the two hour correction. Very important contribution 

3 minutes ago, high risk said:

IAD at 00z had its column all below 0C... would you agree or disagree that I find it hard to believe that DCA wouldn't be right behind in their column by 04z or so?

20 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I just looked at it.  I'm pretty sane.  Looks like 4 to 8" as predicted.  

Umm it’s actually not 4-8” anymore in the same spots. especially around dc proper. 3k is bad, very bad. Stop acting like it wasn’t a major reduction.. IT WAS. And there’s a growing potential for a bust formulating. You have to admit that’s more of a possibility now than It was 6-8 hours ago. Correct? 

1 minute ago, PivotPoint said:

Umm it’s actually not 4-8” anymore in the same spots. especially around dc proper. 3k is bad, very bad. Stop acting like it wasn’t a major reduction.. IT WAS. And there’s a growing potential for a bust formulating. You have to admit that’s more of a possibility now than It was 6-8 hours ago. Correct? 

You need to step back from the keyboard before you snap. It’s only snow. CHILL.

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

That's crossed my mind all day. A ull rolling in like that means business. And it's late March and not Jan. This one is the real deal man. We'll talk about it for years. 

it's a nice setup.  there's a little bit more of an easterly flow right now than i'd like (kinda feels like those april sprinkly days), but i like the vort pass.  if it was north of us, i'd be more concerned.  i also wonder if in a convective storm like this it might be better to go with the globals.  the nam 3k might be making things more hit/miss than they really are.  it's a fun storm and whether it's 2" or 12", i think we need to realize it's the first day of spring lol.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived