Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 20-21 Snow and other Observations

KamuSnow

5 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

We will see what happens but seems like major bust for SEPA

Still have a couple hours leeway to get started down here in Philly per some progs before a bust can be called, where it would purportedly be heaviest after 10 am and notably during the afternoon and evening.

At last check here, finally getting some bigger wet flakes starting up and sky is actually darkening.  Temp 31 w/dp 28.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

Latest HRRR only has 6 inches total. Considering that mt holly said 11-15

inches . I’m really curious why if it plays out that way, it wouldn’t be considered a bust.

Mt. Holly's "low end" (90% chance) product is 5" along the I95 corridor so you can focus on that as a baseline before calling a bust.

SnowAmt90Prcntl-03212018.png

2 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Freezing rain here, 31F. Still waiting for the party to get started down here. Expectations scaled back to a "modest" 6 to 12" here. Which will be fine, but sure would like to see some flakes!

I am 5 miles south of you in DE. We are in trouble today. 

14 minutes ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

East Nantmeal Township 

Chester County Pa

8am obs

Moderate Snow 29.3 degrees

Snow so far 3.5" and 1.8" since midnight

Driveway.20180321_082752.jpg

Backyard.20180321_082744.jpg

I see your report!  Here, I have gone from some wet flakes to SN- that is sticking to the ice crust on the walks and street.  Almost at 1" of various layers of ip and snow and ice from ZR.

radar1-03212018.thumb.png.9b249c8a376fa6fbbed650af3491bf7b.png

4 minutes ago, Lady Di said:

I'm southern chesco 4 miles over the state line.  Same boat, and here we were in the sweet spot yesterday.  Oh well.  2-4"? maybe.

Yes we went from feast to famine. It simply won’t turn over to snow. We have been sleet or freezing rain since about 2pm yesterday. Very persistent warm nose parked right over us. Now we get into peak sun hours and I just don’t think we will see rates high enough to accumulate much. I think 2-4” sounds about right. 

Looks like banding setting up shop NW of PHL and then down through Baltimore into DC. Most of SEPA, SNJ and all of DE under light returns that are freezing drizzle or straight rain. 
Exactly as progged until 9-10am transition down that way in extreme SE PA etc. SN here still. 1.3" now from round 2 since 7am.

Can the couple of folks repeatedly posting "bust" over and over please do all of us a favor and read more/post less or take it to the banter thread? Going thru the obs is becoming a chore this morning. Believe me, we all get your point(s) that you feel your area will be one of the most epic fails of all-time as stated......and no problem with the opinion. Just take it to banter or one post on this opinion is fine. Some of us are in the middle of a developing snowstorm and are trying to relay obs to one another. Much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
26 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:
Latest HRRR only has 6 inches total. Considering that mt holly said 11-15
inches . I’m really curious why if it plays out that way, it wouldn’t be considered a bust.

For what area specifically is 6" on the Hrrr? Did Mt Holly have 11-15" for that same area?

4312C1A1-DC39-4DEC-B55C-D66D917F818E.jpeg.20d5cda8735887fc04c22934e0708e01.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Can the couple of folks repeatedly posting "bust" over and over please do all of us a favor and read more/post less or take it to the banter thread? Going thru the obs is becoming a chore this morning. Believe me, we all get your point(s) that you feel your area will be one of the most epic fails of all-time as stated......and no problem with the opinion. Just take it to banter or one post on this opinion is fine. Some of us are in the middle of a developing snowstorm and are trying to relay obs to one another. Much appreciated.

I am saying I don't see pressure falls off of the coast, I thought this was going to be a second coastal system?

4 hours ago, sibbley said:

Good morning. New guy here. I've been following the threads here through the last few storms. Thought it was time I joined to post observations from Northampton County. Snow started in Nazareth about 3:30AM. Temp 29/dp 24. Wind 5-10 mph. Decent coating on cars and driveway.

Welcome! I made my first post during a snow event also (12/08/13). Hope we all get hours of 1" per hour rates today!

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
5 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:
4312C1A1-DC39-4DEC-B55C-D66D917F818E.jpeg.20d5cda8735887fc04c22934e0708e01.jpeg

Might be noise? Seems like a very isolated anomaly with the qpf with a general 7-12" being depicted otherwise region-wide.

I'd take that with a huge grain of salt. Pick a different model output, lol. Besides, it's snowing here now!!!

Archived