• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

March 20-21 Snow and other Observations

Just now, Newman said:

Snow growth went from really good to pretty bad. Just pixie dust light snow falling right now.

Where are you? As I went out to measure it statred dumping out here we have 5" I found a better protected area 

Drove to and from Metuchen this morning for work (630-930) roads were just wet going in and starting to accumulate coming home. Mains were fine but secondaries getting a coating. Was in a lull at home and hit flurries from North Brunswick on northward on arrival, and a solid coating on all surfaces (trees, grass, sidewalks) with light snow with the occasional moderate burst coming home. Been lightly snowing here ever since, ~1/8-1/4" per hour rates. Eyeballing about 1.5" on the ground. Currently in a snowhole but expecting the main show to crank up in the next hour. 

Visibility is down to about .2 miles. I estimate about 7" fallen here in North Coventry. Mad at my work for its goofy weather management, made me drive into Trumbauersville then immediately back home all because upper management couldn't make up its mind if the storm was coming or going. 

Started to get heavier rates between 12:30 and 1. With the blowing snow, I can't tell for sure, but I'd say about 4" since 3:30 AM. Temp 30, Wind about 8 mph sustained, still to the NE. 

Heavy snow here, 32F. About an inch in the last hour....it's beautiful outside! 3.8" so far today - 5.3" total including the 1.5" sleet and snow pack yesterday.

Worcester, PA.  about 8" in the grass. Snow - heavier when a band goes through. But steady .  So far little wind, but it may be picking up some. Will not take much wind to bring tree / wire issues.  They are pretty loaded - especially the pines. A couple of wires and transformer calls in Montco but not significant (yet). Another 6 or 8" could create tree and wire issues. Temp pretty steady all day at about 32.

Few people out on the roads.

16 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

There is spinage just getting started off the coast!

CODNEXLAB-GOES16-subregional-Virginias-02-20_02Z-20180321_map-8-1n-10-100.gif

We still have a pivot to go through i would be surprised if heavy rates aren't around until 8pm

Real nice eye of the storm shot

10 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Here we go again weathergirl10 just said heavy snow will be done by 6pm 

NOT

Lmao clueless absolutely clueless. It's 415 and we haven't even hit the pivot point yet. That girl really is a disgrace to meteorology, if I were Glenn I'd be embarrassed to be associated with her...

• Like 1

I'm way too comfy to go take an official measurement off the board. I last cleared it at 1 pm and was at 3". I'd guess we are at least that right now so I'd guess I'm around 6" or so on the event but next board clear isn't until 7.