Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Snow and other Observations

KamuSnow

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:
Honestly, I looking more forward to severe weather (T-storms) than any upcoming potential snow event(s). It's just too late and anything that falls is complete crap. I think we squeezed all we could out of Winter 2018...
*Still snow mounds in shopping lots and I have a couple patches in shaded area.

Agreed, I want a stretch of warm weather too....I have a ton of yardwork to catch up on. But until we see a legit flip to spring we're unfortunately stuck with this pattern....so being a hobbyist Im just tracking whatever nature throws at us whether that is an anomalous cold pattern or a severe threat. After the Day10 threat the NAO finally looks to go positive (tho it continues getting delayed) so hopefully by some point during the 2nd week of April we can start enjoying spring for what it should be in a more sustained manner.

Landscapers are probably going nuts waiting for Spring to actually "kick in". It's the time of year when the grass grows super fast. I have to cut it every 4-5 days. In mid-late Summer I barely cut it once/week if not longer.

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Between fertilizing on Sunday (mostly intent on finally getting the crabgrass killer down with all this March snow), all the rain this week, and the sunny weekend coming up, I may need 8-12" of snow to cover the grass. Nothing worse than seeing grass sticking up through the blanket of snow (I'd clean the snow pile too, Kamu. My God we're sick). I still need to do my mower maintenance, so I'll take another week of winter to get ready. Not like I've had 4 months to get ready or anything..

13 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Landscapers are probably going nuts waiting for Spring to actually "kick in". It's the time of year when the grass grows super fast. I have to cut it every 4-5 days. In mid-late Summer I barely cut it once/week if not longer.

I'm thinking we're a couple of weeks away from grass cutting time here, if next week is as cool as it looks to be. That's later than usual for sure. Still no sign of the forsythias yet, which most normal years is around now (normal meaning not an excess of early warmth). The white Magnolia is popping some flowers however, and I hope they don't get freezer burn like last year. Starting to sound like a signs of spring thread, lol. Plenty of peepers singing out loud and clear last night, they are pretty excited with the warm weather.

7 minutes ago, Physicsteve said:

^Between fertilizing on Sunday (mostly intent on finally getting the crabgrass killer down with all this March snow), all the rain this week, and the sunny weekend coming up, I may need 8-12" of snow to cover the grass. Nothing worse than seeing grass sticking up through the blanket of snow (I'd clean the snow pile too, Kamu. My God we're sick). I still need to do my mower maintenance, so I'll take another week of winter to get ready. Not like I've had 4 months to get ready or anything..

Lol, it's awesome isn't it? Might as well do it right!

Archived