Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 20-21 Snow and other Observations

KamuSnow

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JSharp said:

Over 9 inches here in Chadds Ford, PA. The back edge is moving very slowly. Most likely, I will reach double digits here.

Measured 7" (total) here at 8 pm, and it's been snowing moderately before and since, courtesy now of the exhaust end of this long skinny band. Reminds me of the latter part of the early March snow. 32F currently.

Radar-3-21-18_10pm.jpg

Finally was just able to take my first measurement.  8 inches.  I'm sure it's more than that, but compaction and all that.  Will have to wait for some other local spotters.  Best storm in a couple years.  Radar and satellite show this thing going nowhere fast.  Congrats and thanks to Mt Holly for being on top of this one.  

9.5" levittown at 10 pm. Was snowing moderate the last hour, but back up to heavy in the last 10 or so mins. Snow is very fluffy, not wet at all. Probably have gotten fairly decent ratios, only thing effecting totals is compaction during the day. Might make a run at a foot? Have to look at my records but may make a run at biggest March storm imby in my lifetime. Awesome awesome event. Finally a storm that doesn't end hours before it's suppose to end.

21 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Measured 7" (total) here at 8 pm, and it's been snowing moderately before and since, courtesy now of the exhaust end of this long skinny band. Reminds me of the latter part of the early March snow. 32F currently.

Radar-3-21-18_10pm.jpg

Pretty much the same over in Middletown. Roads have covered up again but we never got under one of those big bands. Still a nice storm for the end of March.

13 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

9.5" levittown at 10 pm. Was snowing moderate the last hour, but back up to heavy in the last 10 or so mins. Snow is very fluffy, not wet at all. Probably have gotten fairly decent ratios, only thing effecting totals is compaction during the day. Might make a run at a foot? Have to look at my records but may make a run at biggest March storm imby in my lifetime. Awesome awesome event. Finally a storm that doesn't end hours before it's suppose to end.

It tried doing just that between 6&7pm but I believe the remains of the upper level low out west held it to the coast like a leash or it would have exited like March 7th

It's slinging a swath of light snow back to DC

Hrrr now extends snow here thru 5AM and reflects the current banding providing an additional 3-4" here. Coming down hard right now. Another overperformer! Picked up another inch since last measurement now at 11.75" should break 12" by 11PM given current rates.

It tried doing just that between 6&7pm but I believe the remains of the upper level low out west held it to the coast like a leash or it would have exited like March 7th

If you watch nexrad loop it almost looks like the entire comma head is retrograding slightly. Simply awesome. We waited a long time for one of these.....95% of them underperform but not this year.

11 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

I had a feeling this would last longer than projected after it had taken longer to get it's act together. Textbook example of delayed but not denied. I could totally see it snowing until 5 am like the hrrr shows. Maybe nbc10 girl had meant 6 am for the heavy snow to be over? :P

You made me look 3" more eh? i so tired 

Now here is an example of dedication to the cause, as well as an experience in rolling the dice on a snow forecast.

Rented this on Monday afternoon for today (1 day rental), experienced the model waffling Monday night, woke up the the 6z NAMs Tuesday morning (big move south in the northern edge of the snow), and before I had a chance to investigate further, the delivery driver called to confirm. Received it about an hour later at 9 am (yesterday) The driver did say that if we didn't use it, he'd only charge for the delivery, which was unexpected and pretty cool.

Long story short I'm especially glad we got a plowable snow today, lol. The motivation was partly not feeling the need to shovel a lot of heavy wet snow, but I've been wanting to do this for a while, for fun. Wait until you see the snow pile!

Snow-Bobcat_3-21-18c.thumb.jpg.5c0ff462c5d8dd56ee7f61c3b535bba7.jpg

Now here is an example of dedication to the cause, as well as an experience in rolling the dice on a snow forecast.
Rented this on Monday afternoon for today (1 day rental), experienced the model waffling Monday night, woke up the the 6z NAMs Tuesday morning (big move south in the northern edge of the snow), and before I had a chance to investigate further, the delivery driver called to confirm. Received it about an hour later at 9 am (yesterday) The driver did say that if we didn't use it, he'd only charge for the delivery, which was unexpected and pretty cool.
Long story short I'm especially glad we got a plowable snow today, lol. The motivation was partly not feeling the need to shovel a lot of heavy wet snow, but I've been wanting to do this for a while, for fun. Wait until you see the snow pile!
Snow-Bobcat_3-21-18c.thumb.jpg.1b408efb2aaf84cb96722fda1ab65e63.jpg
Dude, savage dedication right there. Ultra impressed!

10 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Snow-Bobcat_3-21-18c.jpg

Ok you get the fookin Jebman golden plow award. Must have been stressful as heck last night when the bottom began falling out of guidance and relief today with enough to plow. 

Archived