Newest Member
    Dano62
March 20-21 Snow and other Observations

KamuSnow

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RedSky said:

I don't get why I am always told to relax headed to my first storm of over 6" since January 2016! Sine then there have been a bunch of busts and like 30 long range threats up in smoke.

Where you located? I thought you were near the perkasie area?  Didnt you get over 6 2 weeks ago?  We had 8 here in quakertown 

Currently at about 2.5" of a combo of precip types (now mostly snow pack over sleet pack).  Still SN- with fine flakes steadily piling up.  Starting to get some fog as well.  Temp still 31.  This is very different from storm #2, where it stayed just above freezing at the surface the entire 8".  This time it's been the back and forth above freezing in the upper layers of atmosphere, but mostly below freezing at the surface.

The totals SW of here in the MA are pretty interesting (apparently storm 1 is still swirling and giving them snow where storm 2 off the coast is trying to crank up) -

radar2-03212018.png

Drove to and from Metuchen this morning for work (630-930) roads were just wet going in and starting to accumulate coming home. Mains were fine but secondaries getting a coating. Was in a lull at home and hit flurries from North Brunswick on northward on arrival, and a solid coating on all surfaces (trees, grass, sidewalks) with light snow with the occasional moderate burst coming home. Been lightly snowing here ever since, ~1/8-1/4" per hour rates. Eyeballing about 1.5" on the ground. Currently in a snowhole but expecting the main show to crank up in the next hour. 

Archived